Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Manufactured Jeans

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There are a ton of US made denim brands at a variety of price points. Left Field, mentioned earlier, is a good option especially since they also use Vidalia denim (after Cone shut down the legendary White Oak plant, a company in Louisiana bought a number of the looms and began Vidalia to weave similar denim.)

RRL denim is generally US made as well, and they do a lot of heyday designs like 1930s Lee buckle backs. I’d recommend waiting for their sale unless you’re an odd size, because virtually every pair goes on sale.

ES335

One of the Regulars
Another shout for Brave Star. I have one of their Cone 15.25oz jackets, a bunch of their 8.5oz Ts, and just received my 5th pair of 17-21.5oz jeans. American made, and I can't think of another maker of top-quality mid to heavyweight jeans at just about $150. hemmed and shipped to your door. Great customer service, highly recommended. Good luck finding what works for you!

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
The frustrating thing about Gustin is that half the time the jeans they send you will be out of spec. In my case many pairs were around an inch smaller in the waist than their size chart, and this has happened about half the time...so waayyyy too common an occurence. The good news is they will take them back and give you a refund without a hassle, but the bad news is you've been out the $$ for like 3-4 waiting on them to show up and when the package arrives it's...drumroll.....ta-da...cymbal crash!...Gustin strikes again with another unwearable pair. And don't even get me started on their shirts LOL

Last edited:

Sonero

Practically Family
There are a ton of US made denim brands at a variety of price points. Left Field, mentioned earlier, is a good option especially since they also use Vidalia denim (after Cone shut down the legendary White Oak plant.
Do you own any of their chinos ? I am looking for thick durable chinos. Would the 13oz ones they offer be it by chance ? Ciano Farmer has 18oz. Would love to order from him but not into waiting for 6 months.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've heard enough similarly negative experiences with Gustin to rule out doing business with them. No time or patience for that BS.
I’ve had mainly good experiences with Gustin, along with a couple bad ones. They were my intro into Selvedge denim and I have to say every pair I received from them fit well and was well constructed. They rarely, if ever, arrived on time but that is something I’ve experienced from many other clothing makers as well.
Probably my favorite thing that I bought from them were a couple of their leather weekend and overnight bags made from CXL leather. Beautiful bags made in California for a good price.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Do you own any of their chinos ? I am looking for thick durable chinos. Would the 13oz ones they offer be it by chance ? Ciano Farmer has 18oz. Would love to order from him but not into waiting for 6 months.
I do. Wearing right now. They are my favorite pants. I prefer the coal miners

Fifty150

One Too Many
upload_2021-12-9_22-19-39.png

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I was looking on LL Bean and the only way to find out where a specific jean is made is to call customer service, I verified the information, county of the manufacturer is not available on their website

Jon I know it's been a while since you posted this, however I would not even bother with a brand such as LL Bean anymore for Made in USA products. Some of their products may still be decent quality, and they service a specific market segment rather well.

Now that I have owned my LC King's for ~ 4 years, I would take a pass on these unless you go raw or selvedge, their standard denim isn't very special or hard wearing. I will do a review.

Last edited:

Pandemic

One Too Many
I have a three pairs of Ciano Farmer custom jeans. They are perfect, but the prices and wait times are a lot higher now, so I may look into Skinner next time.

gmcd

One of the Regulars
I am considering some Freenote Cloth jeans. Take a look at thier story here and products on the same page:
https://freenotecloth.com/pages/our-story-new
I once owned a Freenote sherpa-lined denim jacket that was top-notch in both material and construction. The fit/style just didn't work for me and their stuff is pricy, but I was impressed with the quality...

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Thanks for the comments on Freenote. It's the $250 price that is holding me back. Maybe closer to the holidays, as a gift, maybe... :)

One nice thing, Fontenelle Supply Co in Des Moines has them on the shelf, and I tried on a pair of 36" yesterday. Fit was spot-on of the type I tried, and I would be supporting a local business if I purchase through them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko