Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Wings "Current Issue" A2

ron521

One of the Regulars
This jacket is what US Wings used to sell as their "Current Issue" A2, similar to their "Modern A2", their more recent style which replaced "Current Issue". The primary difference between the two is in how the handwarmer pockets are made, and the number and arrangement of the interior pockets. On this "Current Issue" jacket, the handwarmers are under the patch pockets, making them invisible and giving an authentic military appearance. On the "Modern A2", the handwarmers are a separate opening just behind the patch pockets, visible to casual inspection. This "Current Issue" jacket has two inside pockets for your wallet, cell phone, etc, PLUS two leather trimmed "pen and pencil" pockets. The "Modern A2" only has the single inside pocket.
This jacket is marked "Large" but the fit is "Military" meaning it's intended for someone who is trim and in shape. This means it fits more like a Medium (40), and it fits my 5'10", 170 lb frame well, not so snugly as a motorcycle jacket, not blousey and oversized, but giving a nice appearance with good freedom of movement.
Brown goatskin leather and brown woven polyester blend lining both in near-new condition, with knits showing just the slightest beginning of pilling on their inside surfaces. Leather trim on all inside pockets, gussets and brass ventilation grommets under sleeves, antiqued brass zipper, collar and storm flap with concealed snaps. No rips, tears, scuffs or other defects. $160 shipped to CONUS.

Attachments

• US Wings A2.jpg
    US Wings A2.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 945
  • US Wings A2 2.jpg
    US Wings A2 2.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 686
  • US Wings A2 3.jpg
    US Wings A2 3.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 902

Wade

New in Town
This jacket is what US Wings used to sell as their "Current Issue" A2, similar to their "Modern A2", their more recent style which replaced "Current Issue". The primary difference between the two is in how the handwarmer pockets are made, and the number and arrangement of the interior pockets. On this "Current Issue" jacket, the handwarmers are under the patch pockets, making them invisible and giving an authentic military appearance. On the "Modern A2", the handwarmers are a separate opening just behind the patch pockets, visible to casual inspection. This "Current Issue" jacket has two inside pockets for your wallet, cell phone, etc, PLUS two leather trimmed "pen and pencil" pockets. The "Modern A2" only has the single inside pocket.
This jacket is marked "Large" but the fit is "Military" meaning it's intended for someone who is trim and in shape. This means it fits more like a Medium (40), and it fits my 5'10", 170 lb frame well, not so snugly as a motorcycle jacket, not blousey and oversized, but giving a nice appearance with good freedom of movement.
Brown goatskin leather and brown woven polyester blend lining both in near-new condition, with knits showing just the slightest beginning of pilling on their inside surfaces. Leather trim on all inside pockets, gussets and brass ventilation grommets under sleeves, antiqued brass zipper, collar and storm flap with concealed snaps. No rips, tears, scuffs or other defects. $160 shipped to CONUS.
Hi Ron, I'm new to the site, still figuring my way around. Beautiful jacket...I have a US wings large modern A2. Which I have up on ebay as it's a bit blousy for me. Have you had the experience of trying that one on? Was curious how this one fits in comparison?
Cheers, Wade

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Ron, it will help you sell if you provide the standard measurements since, as you can see from Wings sizing, labels are meaningless.

Pit to pit, back length, including knit from bottom of collar down the middle, sleeve length with knit.

All this will tell people if they want to consider this item.

Cheers

ron521

One of the Regulars
I have worn this jacket a few times, and described the fit in my first post. I can't say how the US Wings "Modern A2" fits, they describe the fit as "normal" , but they did describe the fit differently for this "Current Issue" jacket, as "military" until they were sold out. The last of the "Current Issue" jackets were black with a blue lining, available until just a couple of months ago. Similarly, they describe their "Black Leather Adventurer Jacket" fit as "trim".
The measurements are:
Pit to pit = 23" (near the center of the underarm gussets)
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam at top across back = 21"
Sleeve to bottom of knit cuff along top of sleeve = 24"
Base of collar to bottom of knit waist = 24 3/4"

Hope this helps

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Cool, that helps a lot. So that makes it fit like a large or a 42-44 if it were an Aero, say, depending on the pattern. And it's pretty short.

Last edited:

Wade

New in Town
Second that! Very helpful. With those measurements it fits slightly smaller in the sleeves and chest compared to the US wings modern A2 that I have which are: pit to pit : 24 " Shoulders :20" and sleeves: 25"
Good to know! Thank you .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner