Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Wings Indy Style Adventurer

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
I just ordered one of these jackets. It's my first US Wings purchase, so I'm a bit nervous and excited at the same time. So far, everything I've read online about the "Cowhide Signature Series Adventurer" seems positive. Your input is greatly appreciated

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
You've already bought it so not sure what to say...

They're made by Schott. Reasonably well put together; they fit pretty large and look better on bigger framed men. Not particularly accurate to the movie if that matters. The best US Wings pattern, which has a trimmer cut and nicer details (better shaped pocket flaps) is their Legend a reworked Indy pattern by Neil Cooper - will pick one up if I ever see one going cheap.

I had one - one the first of the forays into leather jackets. I was really happy at first, but then after I found this place and started picking up some flippers, and then the good stuff, I realized that they were good for just that - starter jackets, or something that you can beat the crap out of and not worry about. All in all, I could not wear one now, but at the time, it was a good primer to see if I was a leather jacket guy...hoping it fits you and that you enjoy it. Just hold on to your wallet...

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I understand Butte's view on this (shared by many I'm sure) but for me I am as happy wearing an Aero 1930's half-belt as I am my G&B Indy or Schott jackets. I'm personally not as invested when it comes to who makes the jacket and the quality variations don't strike me as particularly critical. :D Your Wings will last for many years and is probably as good or better quality than a comparable jacket from Sears made in 1936, the period of Raiders.

Last edited:

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
I was looking for a comfortable cowhide beater with side entry pockets, so I decided to give this particular brand/model a try.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
My G&B brown goatskin Expedition (Indy) in 44T (long) fits me like a burlap sack (look at the shoulders) but still like it as it is exceptionally well made. Theoretically, it should fit me but doesn't at all as you can see from the picture. I think Seb Lucas has commented before regarding the way the shoulders fall off in such a way as to adversely affect the fit/drape.
G&B BROWN 2.jpg

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yes, it's a sloppy pattern all right, just like the movie original which was so badly made, the zipper was stitched in wrong. I think the Wings Legend pattern by contrast is trim and neat.

Last edited:

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have one of their most expensive Indy, the bison one, made by Schott. However, as much as i like this leather, whatever it is, it doesn't strike me as bison, more like deerskin!!!! the color was toned very nice, a burgundy ish, just like the Kudu from Aero, the hand and weight ALSO feels like the Kudu, which is a large "deer". So, what's going on here???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo