Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Useless, but fun!

retromom147

One of the Regulars

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i have the ann taintor ones from Current. my favorite one says, "she would show them consumer confidence!"

i ave to add though, the only reason i bought cute checks were because they weren't a splurge - they were actually CHEAPER than the ugly WaMu checks! :eek:

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
ShooShooBaby said:
i have the ann taintor ones from Current. my favorite one says, "she would show them consumer confidence!"

i ave to add though, the only reason i bought cute checks were because they weren't a splurge - they were actually CHEAPER than the ugly WaMu checks! :eek:
Love Anne Taintor. We carry a small line of her stuff at my B&N.

Aurora

One of the Regulars
How come you can have cute checks (cheques in the UK!)?? Can we get them over here?

Josephine

One Too Many
I want cute checks! But The Husband is the one that pays for stuff that requires checks. When I opened up my first checking account I got these really cool checks with Miami Vice type flamingos on them (in my untutored mind, very art deco :D). I asked and asked if the bank had a branch at the college I was going to, and they said oh yes, of course. They didn't!! I had to give up my beautiful checks! :*(

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Such cute checks!
I get the hairdresser ones from styles because I can write them off as adverstising!
Z162PCHK_c.jpg

I really like these gwtw checks and they have Wizard of Oz too!
http://www.bradfordexchangechecks.com/bec/product/prdid-1800038001.jsp
1800038001_1.jpg

Nikki

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I don't use checks. Everything gets paid for by debit. If I need to send payment, I mostly use money orders. I'm done waiting for people to cash my checks!

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
I don't use checks. Everything gets paid for by debit. If I need to send payment, I mostly use money orders. I'm done waiting for people to cash my checks!
Then, on behalf of everyone who works in retail, I Thank You!!:eusa_clap
Counting up endless checks for trivial amounts is one of true annoyances of many a Cash Office.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lulu-in-Ny said:
Counting up endless checks for trivial amounts is one of true annoyances of many a Cash Office.

More importantly, not writing checks means I don't have a checkbook to balance! lol

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Lulu-in-Ny said:

Actually, for a very small business owner like me, I prefer checks. The fees for credit card machines really add up.
Nikki

MissS

A-List Customer
This thread had me scratching my head for a minute, as we rarely use checks (cheque for me!) in Aus these days. Nearly all businesses (even at markets) have EFTPOS machines, which allows pay directly from our bank accounts. Though, looking at these gorgeous cheques, I wish we still used them!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Oh boy, those are cute!! And I am surprised I haven't seen those roaring 20's ones as we go through clarke american.. hmm[huh]

Not that it matters really, the only people that ever see our checks is the leasing office. When Natty was in preschool, I got to write checks too, but that's it. Everything is done through web bill pay and debit card transacations. SO much easier to keep track of. And I am SO WITH KITTY T.. I abhor waiting for people to cash checks. On the same note, I hate to get checks because I am terrible at going to the bank to cash them!!! HA ! :eusa_doh: It's so bad. I never go to the bank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24