Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valentine's Day flowers

Kim_B

Practically Family
Gerbera Daisies are my flower of choice. They make me smile :)

gerber20daisies.gif

Barbigirl

Practically Family
~

MissHuff said:
I was just saying to S.O. that I couldn't wait for spring to come and have the house full of lilacs. There is a large lilac bush by my side door and one in front of the kitchen window. They're so gorgeous.

I love red roses but I love lillies and calalillies for me.
I'm also a sucker for gerbera daisies. lol.

Oh lilacs, I love those. I use to have a neighbor whose entire side yard was lined with huge lilac bushes and they smelled so wonderful when they were in bloom.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
~

Novella said:
I say forget the flowers and bring the chocolate. :D

Hear, Hear! I am actually kind of ignorant about flowers...the special names, and their scents.

What I really want is the jewelry!

Naama

Practically Family
So, I never got flowers for valentines day :( But If I woulde, I would like to have some orchids, but no cut ones, I'd like to have one in a pot, a living flower, you know lol

Naama

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
I adore roses. Though I love all flowers, I love flowers with a really strong scent.

Though the only way I'll be getting flowers this year is by buying them myself.

waingirl

One of the Regulars
I like white roses, or a bunch of the mish mashed bouquet they put together at the flower shops. Unfortunely, my fiance is the least romantic guy in the world and after being together for more than 5 years, I have only gotten flowers twice. Oh, did I mention his family OWNs a flower shop. :mad:
[huh]

kath

New in Town
My favorite to look at are star gazer lilies too, but I agree, the smell can be quite overpowering (*on a side note, there is a new variety of lily that is almost black, it is so dark. I'd love to try growing them, but I am not sure they are in Oz yet. Does anyone know if they smell as strong, or what they are called?)! I think I have got a rose once, so roses would be really nice (a bit of a novelty for me). Though now that I live in a more tropical climate, I am really into the tropical bouquets. With birds of paradise, orchids, heliconia, monstera & banana leafs, and ginger flowers. My sister-in-law works at a florist, so I get left overs every so often.

G

GoldLeaf

I am a dork as well. I would love a good book. Ummm .... something Roman history. Or a potted orchid, I had them in my wedding boquet. But really, I don't want much. A terrible event when I was a teen has soured me on this holiday. I much prefer celebrating the anniversary of when I met my husband on March 3. No bad memories associated with that day :D

Ruby Slippers

One of the Regulars
Stargazer lilies are my favorites, and I usually get a nice arrangement on special occasions (my guy knows how much i adore them). I have received roses before and I do love them but they somehow are not as delightful as a lovely bouquet of stargazer lilies.

I also adore Phalaenopsis. I was given a potted one last year, and it was just gorgeous.

Classydame

One of the Regulars
Calla lillies are my favorite! They are so elegant and graceful. I love the Cecil Brunner rose. It is very old fashioned and is very tiny. It has a soft, sweet, peppery scent. Lovely!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I love flowers and live plants. Anything yellow or orange would be fabulous, but a live plant is even better than an arrangement. I especially love those mini-rose bushes.

Mini-roses are so adorable and they can live outside and come back for years!

And yellow is just my favorite color and it says a much more personal thing than the classic-but-anonymous red rose, if that makes sense.

Everyone likes red roses; screamin' yellow is a personalized taste! lol

-Viola

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I once worked Valentine's season at a florist, and holy heck! some of the things guys'll do for their significant others. most came in for the typical dozen roses, some did two or three dozen(not cheap by any means) and one went so far as to buy four potted jasmines(150$ a piece:eek: ) and three dozen roses, to be sent to her work at various intervals, then he was off to buy a pretty necklace he said!
Man that woman was really pampered every Valentine's Daylol :eek: lol

BitterEpiphany

Familiar Face
I'm a cala lilies girl. I'm also a big fan of gerber daisies.

though, personally, i never liked getting gifts at work on holidays. I would rather get nothing at work for valentines day but, at random and in the middle of april, get a gerber daisy every day for a week, but ya know :)

Miss Marnie

New in Town
My favs include lilacs, lily of the valley, violets, and peonies. But the most beautiful arraingement I've received was red roses and white lillies. The ladies at work were quite envious!

Trickeration

Practically Family
I agree with Lady Day and Viola. Live plants. My husband has been good about this because he knows I'm really into gardening. I didn't get any this year, though, because he's away. But he did send the choclates, and had the big band dedicate a song to me when they played last night. Sometimes he can be okay that romance stuff!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I love roses -- but I prefer them live, on the bush. I have a lovely old rosebush in the yard that I've brought along with me everyplace I've lived for the past twenty years, and one of my greatest joys is when it blooms every June. But I never *cut* the roses, because I don't like the thought of killing them.

I've only been sent roses once in my life -- even though I was married for fifteen years! Maybe that's why I ain't married no more.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
I think I would want a cactus with a pretty flower if I were to get a plant.

But my fiance is smart and didn't send flowers. Instead he brought a big plate of oysters Rockefeller and a lobster roll from the Grand Central Oyster Bar. I think those were much more envied than the flowers my neighbors got.

BV

Miire

New in Town
This may be a strange one, but my favorite are water lilies. They seem very majestic to me in a calm pond or stream. My boyfriend hasn't figured out how to get me those yet, but he says he's working on it. lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo