Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanity Sets

Dahlia

Familiar Face
Hello all...

while looking through the topic titled "Vanity" I became very interested in 30s/40s vanity sets (ie, brushes, mirrors, etc). I love the look of an entire matching set and I think it adds a super-feminine feel to the bedroom. I would love to own a vintage set myself and I was wondering where you ladies got yours. Also, if you know what styles/materials are typical of "The Golden Era," if you have any pictures to share... I'd also like to know if these sets are still being manufactured (particularly with a vintage flare), as they aren't something that I notice while in department store, etc.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I found my set at a flea market about 10 years ago.
47b4d832b3127cce9a3b43993d4400000025119AbOXLFk0bS

I keep my vanity set,a candle and a framed photo of my hubby and I in vintage attire on it.Once our masterbath remodel is finished I hope to use it more and will probably add 2 vanity lamps.
My mother collects vintage perfume bottles and displays them on her vanity on top of an etched glass tray.

Kaela

Vendor
I adore vanity sets, also!
Check out eBay, because you can still find whole sets for sale, sometimes pretty cheap, and almost always in very good shape. I like the art-neuvo style sets because they look so fairy-tale. Some of the art-deco ones look a little... well, excessively "modern."
I got a vanity hair brush and mirror from eBay at a crazy price, but make sure you insure it for shipping!!! I received a perfume bottle that was damaged in shipping from eBay, but I was out of luck, as it was uninsured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner