Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Highwayman size 40 ($450+shipping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Schrader

New in Town
Hi,
Believe what you will. But if you received an jacket that had an unbearable smell of cologne that made you dizzy would it take you to the next day to notice it. You are right I should not care but I do. Additionally thank you for the compliment that I’m eloquent, it is a first. I could send you a screenshot of my initial acceptance but I could alter it but it proves nothing. Nor do I expect you to call Kim at Vanson to verify how difficult he is known to be. You are probably right on the jackets weight but weighing closer to 9 instead of 10 is not a reason to claim I miss represented. He asked me the weight I stepped on my bathroom scale noted weight and put jacket on and stepped on scale again. I did not realize I needed to be so specific. So I am new here, what does that mean? Check me out on eBay. Hundreds of transactions as buyer and seller, got perfect rating. But additionally check this out, he is claiming to sell it for $450 plus shipping and that he is not making any money, yet I sold it to him for $450 including shipping. So he is making some money. He insists in the post for payment via family and friends which leaves one with no recourse. Yet when I send him a money request through family and friends he insisted on me sending him an invoice, explain this? Additionally where is the belt. My guess he is trying to pull another fast one. But believe what you will. Impressed yet? Oh and yes I am expecting to lose because unfortunately in this world justice is not always served. I am ok with it because yes I am just a “dude” just trying to sell his stuff but I am a “dude”’, and I know what the truth is and only Hh121 and I are the only ones who do, so have your opinion of me it is no matter, I just wanted to make sure this doesn’t happen to anyone else, and yes I was hopeful maybe someone would reach out to him and get him to do the right thing.
Thanks
Greg
In the first post of this for sale thread, there is nothing about odor. The condition is listed as 9.9/10. But who knows why, one day later, OP catched a perfume smell. OP also posted a photo of him wearing this jacket before his smell claim. That is fishy. The jacket is short for him and he has the right to return it back. That should be done in an honest and proper way. This is not the way it should be.

Reactions: MET

Greg Schrader

New in Town
Hi,
Exactly, It is fishy! Again the funny thing is when he emailed me I said sure, let me get back to you! I was going out the door for a bicycle ride saw his email and did not want to leave him hanging, so I sent a quick response. I went for my ride and get back to see another email that he has filed a claim with PayPal, and some nonsense about cologne odor making him dizzy. I email him again still willing to take it back. Then I see this thread. Like I would be able to sell it now! He should have just been upfront with me and I would not be happy but I would take it back. Then starts with the measurement and weight nonsense. I might have been off ion the weight but really! I checked the measurements with Kim one of the owners at Vanson and I was spot on. But let’s say I wasn’t right in my measurements a 1/2 inch off is misrepresenting! But my measurements were spot on. When I was telling Kim about my fedora lounge issue she knew him by name.!! I will leave it at that! Just because someone’s bought a bunch of jackets or been on this site for awhile doesn’t deem the benefit of the doubt when the facts are so clear. Don’t have to be on CSI to figure this one out. Nonetheless I still expect to lose this claim battle! Such is life, hopefully he won’t pull this again with anyone else, and of course I am expecting to receive a cologned up jacket. I just hope he uses the good stuff! . Additionally he was trying to sell the jacket without the belt, and was insistent with me to send invoice via PayPal not family and friends, but for his payment only would accept family and friends, I ask why? Very shifty! And claiming didn’t want to make any money on sale but was charging for shipping, which I didn’t, probably $40. So $40 and free belt! Not bad! So if someone buys his fabrication I encourage you to seek him out and do some business with him. I also apologize for being so “eloquent”, so because I can get my thoughts out clearly I am the bad guy! Most of the peeps here seem great but some need to read all the posts to bring themselves up to speed before posting. Peace out!
Thanks,
Greg

Gamma68

One Too Many
There is WAY too much drama in this thread. If the jacket has been sold, some moderator should close it out. No need for the "he said/he said" debate to continue.

Greg Schrader

New in Town
Hi,
Believe what you will. But if you received an jacket that had an unbearable smell of cologne that made you dizzy would it take you to the next day to notice it. You are right I should not care but I do. Additionally thank you for the compliment that I’m eloquent, it is a first. I could send you a screenshot of my initial acceptance but I could alter it but it proves nothing. Nor do I expect you to call Kim at Vanson to verify how difficult he is known to be. You are probably right on the jackets weight but weighing closer to 9 instead of 10 is not a reason to claim I miss represented. He asked me the weight I stepped on my bathroom scale noted weight and put jacket on and stepped on scale again. I did not realize I needed to be so specific. So I am new here, what does that mean? Check me out on eBay. Hundreds of transactions as buyer and seller, got perfect rating. But additionally check this out, he is claiming to sell it for $450 plus shipping and that he is not making any money, yet I sold it to him for $450 including shipping. So he is making some money. He insists in the post for payment via family and friends which leaves one with no recourse. Yet when I send him a money request through family and friends he insisted on me sending him an invoice, explain this? Additionally where is the belt. My guess he is trying to pull another fast one. But believe what you will. Impressed yet? Oh and yes I am expecting to lose because unfortunately in this world justice is not always served. I am ok with it because yes I am just a “dude” just trying to sell his stuff but I am a “dude”’, and I know what the truth is and only Hh121 and I are the only ones who do, so have your opinion of me it is no matter, I just wanted to make sure this doesn’t happen to anyone else, and yes I was hopeful maybe someone would reach out to him and get him to do the right thing.
Thanks
Greg
In the first post of this for sale thread, there is nothing about odor. The condition is listed as 9.9/10. But who knows why, one day later, OP catched a perfume smell. OP also posted a photo of him wearing this jacket before his smell claim. That is fishy. The jacket is short for him and he has the right to return it back. That should be done in an honest and proper way. This is not the way it should be.

Greg Schrader

New in Town
Hi,
I agree! Unfortunately still in limbo waiting for PayPal’s decision. Being an honest seller, I am of course expecting to lose!
Thanks
Greg

Greg Schrader

New in Town
Hi,
I am sorry don’t read or post to the thread if you are so botherd by it. It is not your $450 that’s being hijacked. Additionally I am trying to make sure that this doesn’t happen to anyone else from this individual, and work off $450 of frustration. So sorry to be annoying you!
Thanks
Greg

Reactions: MET
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo