Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson! Vanson! Vanson!

Guys do you have any experiences in sizing oxford model 90 blk like this one (with bi swing underarm gusset sounds great because I need more freedom of movements and eliminate batwing effect)
https://www.vansonleathers.com/traditional/40-9D-BLK-oxford-leather-motorcycle-jacket-ENF.html
My chest is 34.25
Waist 32.2
Shoulders 17.12
Heigth 5'5
I would like to order but sizing is always key.
I wrote a message but nobody answered
May I ask for sizing advice
Maybe a 36”. Mine are both 40” and I’m 5’11 197 lbs, chest 45”, waist 33” , 5’11”-6”. The 9D runs a little large but when I compare the two, the black jacket s a super tight fit, largely due to the quilted liner, which eats up a good deal of interior space.

Poul

Familiar Face
Maybe a 36”. Mine are both 40” and I’m 5’11 197 lbs, chest 45”, waist 33” , 5’11”-6”. The 9D runs a little large but when I compare the two, the black jacket s a super tight fit, largely due to the quilted liner, which eats up a good deal of interior space.
I was thinking about size 34 I have no idea what vanson sizing is

f2002q

One of the Regulars
Man it’s just not the same without the jacket models I’ve come to love, chubby older guy and skinny younger guy.

I agree, so corny, but very realistic !!! The older gentleman sold me on the Enfield!! LOL

f2002q

One of the Regulars
The leather looks quite thin as you can see.

I have a fairly recent (2 month old) comp. weight Enfield and the leather seems pretty thick. Pretty heavy too, though, I haven't weighted it, it must be in the 8 pound range. The package said 9lb. so take 1lb for the box and stuffing.

I measured the thickness of leather for each sleeve. First one is the right, then the left.
YMMV.

Enfield-Left-Sleeve.jpeg
Enfield-Right-Sleeve.jpeg

Last edited:

Hh121

Banned
I have a fairly recent (2 month old) comp. weight Enfield and the leather seems pretty thick. Pretty heavy too, though, I haven't weighted it, it must be in the 8 pound range. The package said 9lb. so take 1lb for the box and stuffing.

I measured the thickness of leather for each sleeve. First one is the right, then the left.
YMMV.

View attachment 388636
View attachment 388637
They don't skive leather used on wrist gusset, so that thickness doesn't represent the rest of the jacket. What size is your Enfiled?

f2002q

One of the Regulars
They don't skive leather used on wrist gusset, so that thickness doesn't represent the rest of the jacket. What size is your Enfiled?

I don't know what they skive, but the jacket definitely doesn't feel thin. It's a size 48.

Here is another picture of the cuff where it's folded.

Enfield-Left-Cuff01.jpeg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
If I got a dollar for everyone talking shit about Vansons recent product even though they have not handled nor owned it, I would happily buy another Vanson with that money. Hide is plenty thick and harder wearing than anything else I have seen a leather jacket being made of, patterns superior to 99% of whats out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot