Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vegecow Lewis Leathers quality

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful!
But for reliability, you might opt for the Toyota :D
View attachment 355906
this was one of the reason you need to have kids those days.. to help set the mirrors, before and mid travel.
my step mother has 2 kids from previous marriage, she drove toyota corolla DX when I first met them early 90s with such mirrors on the side of engine bay, she brought those 2 teenager boys from capital city to our sleepy town, that must be the reason.

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Anyone got a 392 in sheep with some wears on it?

70s sheepskin with shoulder padding. It drapes.

26805CA8-533A-4E5D-9FA2-ABDDAA679C37.jpeg

but is the leather kind of stretchy?

I think it depends on the hide. I have a sheepskin Eastman A1 which doesn't stretch at all. My 70s super monza is the stretchiest hide I've handled, even though it's much thicker than the Eastman.

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
I had read at LL that the Racing Jacket was based on the Sportsman?
I would have hoped that the RJ would be V-shape then as well.
Anyway, I emailed Rip about it. I don't like boxy or tubular jacket. Lol

BTW. thanks to all for the helpful hints in this thread.
Fyi - here are shots of my (custom) Super Sportsman jackets in case it helps - I narrowed the shoulders slightly for these and shortened the sleeves and body by 2 inches.
D9402996-4ACA-4DB0-A3EA-79AACD1047D1.jpeg
7C150688-3096-4B04-B8D3-9D41B361B617.jpeg

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
I had read at LL that the Racing Jacket was based on the Sportsman?
I would have hoped that the RJ would be V-shape then as well.
Anyway, I emailed Rip about it. I don't like boxy or tubular jacket. Lol

BTW. thanks to all for the helpful hints in this thread.
..and here is a shot of a Super Phantom base model in standard horsehide taken in the shop - more V shaped than the Sportsman but it was too long in the body and sleeves for my tastes.
9FF4270C-8500-4BDC-B1B7-7AAF77AA7762.jpeg

Salmosalar

A-List Customer

View attachment 355980

I think it depends on the hide. I have a sheepskin Eastman A1 which doesn't stretch at all. My 70s super monza is the stretchiest hide I've handled, even though it's much thicker than the Eastman.
That is such a great jacket! I think it is my favourite LL combo of all in terms of hide and style - great find Marc! My Monza has the same old blue collar lining too - does yours also have the black lining from this era?

Salmosalar

A-List Customer

View attachment 355980

This is the much more V shaped I was talking about - the shoulders are very broad relative to the other dimensions and it tapers strongly - its the same in my Monza, but the latter was already a shorter length than the Super Monza, where they went for more coverage via the longer “laid out forward” riding style in the late 70s.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
That is such a great jacket! I think it is my favourite LL combo of all in terms of hide and style - great find Marc! My Monza has the same old blue collar lining too - does yours also have the black lining from this era?
This one has the red quilted lining.

3F2B1B91-7379-4AFE-B5A2-A53144355C5B.jpeg

It's a size 40, too small for me unfortunately. I'm not sure what size you wear but you might want to check out my listing :

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fs-70s-sheepskin-lewis-leathers-super-monza-size-40.104865/

Is the black lining indicative of a particular Era? I owned this one which I though was from the 80s, not sure though. It was missing the label.

A52306D5-ED76-4688-BF9D-B6F73A6A5B85.jpeg
552A662B-1794-49E7-94CB-28C8666D2933.jpeg
0C5BD3C3-7988-40CA-A88E-2A8C18281198.jpeg

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
This one has the red quilted lining.

View attachment 355986
It's a size 40, too small for me unfortunately. I'm not sure what size you wear but you might want to check out my listing :

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fs-70s-sheepskin-lewis-leathers-super-monza-size-40.104865/

Is the black lining indicative of a particular Era? I owned this one which I though was from the 80s, not sure though. It was missing the label.

View attachment 355992 View attachment 355993 View attachment 355994
I'm a 36” unfortunately - in the 70s the black lining was quite common, but the red quilting also seemed to be a parallel option - I suspect the black unquilted form was for those who preferred the closest possible fit - the blue collar seems to be a signature feature from those days. These days the black cord seems to be the standard on these models. I went for the traditional red quilted lining on all mine, except the Dominator, where I went for plan red. I will go for the gold sateen lining in the Western blue sheep, when its time finally comes…!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24