Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vegecow Lewis Leathers quality

7amza

Familiar Face
Also as per Rip's latest email to me, it is good to note that - "The body length on a Cyclone is slightly shorter in style (compared with a lightning) it does't dip down at the back"

He suggested I adjust the body measurements accordingly if I wanted it to fall around the same area as my lightning does.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
That is a shame - from my interactions with him he was a real credit to the company. I remember when I ordered my Lightning I was convinced the measurements werent right for me., but Rip was confident that they would work - and indeed they did.

Drive

New in Town
I picked up my Dominator today, I’m very pleased with it although I’m now wondering weather I shouldn’t have gotten the extra length, it sits on the bottom of my jeans belt (which is where I asked for it to sit) but as all my other leathers sit above it might just need getting use to…I’ll post some fit pictures at the weekend
The leather is amazing!

Attachments

• 0D86B14A-D692-49B0-9652-A2CDDFDC1CC1.jpeg
    0D86B14A-D692-49B0-9652-A2CDDFDC1CC1.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 130
  • 816E6EE5-1283-40D0-B7E1-76FD7BC34DF0.jpeg
    816E6EE5-1283-40D0-B7E1-76FD7BC34DF0.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 124
  • 7345CF16-ADEE-4ECD-A05E-07E1858F3CE8.jpeg
    7345CF16-ADEE-4ECD-A05E-07E1858F3CE8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120

7amza

Familiar Face
Yes it is,
I was originally told between 3 to 6 months but was just under 2 months
The jacket looks amazing congrats!

May I ask when did you confirm your order?

Mine were placed in the first week of March (11th and 22nd for two jackets) and I am hoping it won't take the 3-4 months I was quoted this morning by Rip's replacement - "Aki".

Drive

New in Town
The jacket looks amazing congrats!

May I ask when did you confirm your order?

Mine were placed in the first week of March (11th and 22nd for two jackets) and I am hoping it won't take the 3-4 months I was quoted this morning by Rip's replacement - "Aki".
I went in the London store, I think it’s was 19th feb

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
Hey guys, last week I had the chance to visit Lewis London shop. Here are some quick photos of their veg tan horsehide. The veg tan horsehide comes with black, navy, brown, ox blood and dark green. In my own opinion the non-black ones really stand out especially the brown and the oxblood. The brown comes with kinda “pull-up” effect where Rex from the shop called it “marble effect”. I also got the chance to try on the legendary Iggy pop jacket. A magnificent piece but I consider the price is a bit too high for me personally for a jacket which I imagine I will only wear them in very rare case.

The jacket on the right of me is made from oxblood vege tan horsehide.

DB0BC6D8-E4F7-446D-918E-02059D768EE2.jpeg

C00B0A05-D565-4221-9FEB-3E8B1B25566C.jpeg

2D5E0CF4-D980-4D5A-8F1B-A30A88F1DC6B.jpeg

C4AEB6E0-B528-402C-B3B1-C1BA1AB69017.jpeg

9BBC7404-6D22-4A75-9362-A5903B4A5A3D.jpeg

Edward

Bartender
I would wear that Iggy Pop jacket to hell and back, but yeah.... rather beyond my pocket! I have had half an eye on a Lightning 391 for a long time, though I may end up scratching that itch with something from Goldtop.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Hey guys, last week I had the chance to visit Lewis London shop. Here are some quick photos of their veg tan horsehide. The veg tan horsehide comes with black, navy, brown, ox blood and dark green. In my own opinion the non-black ones really stand out especially the brown and the oxblood. The brown comes with kinda “pull-up” effect where Rex from the shop called it “marble effect”. I also got the chance to try on the legendary Iggy pop jacket. A magnificent piece but I consider the price is a bit too high for me personally for a jacket which I imagine I will only wear them in very rare case.

The jacket on the right of me is made from oxblood vege tan horsehide.

View attachment 423264
View attachment 423267

View attachment 423266
View attachment 423268
View attachment 423269
That Bomber is the BOMB! Looks very cool and fits you very well. This will be my next Lewis. The Jaguar print is real hair on hide or faux print?

Step aside Grizzly, it's time for the Jaguar...

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
That Bomber is the BOMB! Looks very cool and fits you very well. This will be my next Lewis. The Jaguar print is real hair on hide or faux print?

Step aside Grizzly, it's time for the Jaguar...
It is VERY cool and the off-the-rack 44 fits me surprisingly well. However I have to pass due to that 1650 GBP price tag for a jacket which I probably only wear 2 times a year?

The Jaguar print is made from pony hair and the jacket is made from calf skin so no break-in is needed.

Damon141

Practically Family
Anyone order recently?

Now that apparently RIP is not with LL anymore I wonder if we can expect the same level of service. I would hope so since this is probably one of the larger companies with loads of experience.

I placed an order on May 1st and they took the money out of my account but they have not received a confirmation email or anything. It’s almost a week.

Usually when you order anything online you receive some kind of confirmation but when I log in on their site it says “order processing”

I was hoping, not expecting for one of these 4 week miracles but without even acknowledging my order I realize it might be a bit of a wait.

With summer in full swing I would expect it is a slow time for them but I know they have many retailers to produce merchandise for.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@Damon141 It probably says "processing" because the jacket needs to be made, whereas if it were a stock item like shoes, it would process.

I wonder to what extent the beautiful surface texture of the veg tan Lewis cow is the tumbling process, more than a characteristic of the hide itself. I ask because Schott's horsehide surface looks similar after it's gotten wet and been worn hard.

Makes me curious if the uncool standard horse and cow that Lewis offers would end up similar with wear.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Did you get a “measure request” email? Check your email junk box first. If it’s not there email or call them now!
I got my “measure request” email the day after I placed the online order. Basically a standard email with YouTube links to show me how to measure and fill out their form.
Check your spam box first, if it’s not there get in touch with them!

Damon141

Practically Family
Did you get a “measure request” email? Check your email junk box first. If it’s not there email or call them now!
I got my “measure request” email the day after I placed the online order. Basically a standard email with YouTube links to show me how to measure and fill out their form.
Check your spam box first, if it’s not there get in touch with them!
I didn’t receive anything. I just checked the spam folder also.

I sent them a message through their site and will call Monday during business hours.

I put size 44 then my measurements in the sizing questions but now I’m worried in the size box of I should have checked “other”

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I didn’t receive anything. I just checked the spam folder also.

I sent them a message through their site and will call Monday during business hours.

I put size 44 then my measurements in the sizing questions but now I’m worried in the size box of I should have checked “other”
Something may be holding up your order. Don’t worry phone call on Monday will get things resolved.

But the process goes like this, you will get an email asking for your body measurements,
23BB934E-2450-4CA9-91E3-1A570D6F22D6.jpeg

then Lewis (was Rip) will get back to you with a work sheet,
60970C43-833B-4B49-9189-B2612560E675.jpeg

once all the numbers are approved the jacket goes into production queue.

There is no worries about actual sizing. It will get worked out during the above process. I ordered 40 but I got a 42 tapered to 40, still tagged as 40. I also have a stock 44 and there isn’t much difference except the lower torso.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner