Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vegecow Lewis Leathers quality

Pandemic

One Too Many
15 days after finalising my order, it arrived in Texas! I really just threw it on and snapped some pics before getting back to work, but overall impression is very good. The sheep hide feels like a glove.

Only negatives I can find are the pocket layout (which many have said is impractical) and the thick leather bunching at the sleeve when fully zipped (something I never do)

DCDE1925-07F4-408B-A2D0-9BCA67BE9ED2.jpeg
257F42AF-60BB-4279-89D9-35BC03F31079.jpeg
687189F7-6089-48C0-9143-D28E0C4D067C.jpeg
C84BAD87-E408-491E-927F-16326C9E374D.jpeg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
15 days after finalising my order, it arrived in Texas! I really just threw it on and snapped some pics before getting back to work, but overall impression is very good. The sheep hide feels like a glove.

Only negatives I can find are the pocket layout (which many have said is impractical) and the thick leather bunching at the sleeve when fully zipped (something I never do)

View attachment 355033 View attachment 355034 View attachment 355035 View attachment 355036
Absolutely awesome. You must feel like a rockstar, you certainly look like one. Congrats.

Salmosalar

A-List Customer

View attachment 355033 View attachment 355034 View attachment 355035 View attachment 355036
The Mutt's Nuts!! Fantastic jacket and fit!

ralanis2

One of the Regulars

It LOOKS AMAZING!!! wear it in good health!!!!

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

That looks fantastic!

Joshua Holland

Familiar Face

YES!!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

This dispels a lot of my fears from other photos that the sheep leather would be a bit too grainy.

The vegecow puts the jacket in another price bracket altogether, and the horsehide fetish displaced basic cow into a paid upgrade, so sheep is the only “original” material left as a base option!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

That smile says it all! Nice jacket!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

That's super cool! And they really nailed the fit.
I really like the mottling on the back yoke panel, would love to see some pics of the jacket itself once the leather is broken in a bit and has seen water.

Peacoat

Bartender
Great fit. As Carlos says, get some water on it, get it broken in and post some pics.

When I get a new jacket when it isn't cool enough to wear it outside, I wear it inside the house flexing the elbows, chest and shoulders so it will be more comfortable to wear in the real world when the time comes.

You did well.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Looks great - may I ask how long it took for you to get it from initally placing the order to receiving it?

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Wow - thats quick. So you placed an order via the Lewis Leather website only 2 or so weeks ago?? Forgive my inquisitiveness, as I am conisdering ordering more or less the same jacket from them myself.

Pandemic

One Too Many
Wow - thats quick. So you placed an order via the Lewis Leather website only 2 or so weeks ago?? Forgive my inquisitiveness, as I am conisdering ordering more or less the same jacket from them myself.

I placed the order about three weeks ago, and then Rip and I exchanged some emails to nail down all the measurements and details, which took about a week. I started with the 38 and changed the shoulder, sleeve length and opening - keeping the chest and body length as is.

Last edited:

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Awesome - thankyou for the info. Love the Lewis sheepskin, and great choice going for the beige zipper cloth - looks tremendous

Pandemic

One Too Many
Fantastic jacket and great fit!
I always assumed that sheepskin was a thin and fragile leather!
You said it’s thick?

I thought the same, until I started looking into Lewis and their history of using sheep hide.

Lamb is thin and delicate, but sheep can be fairly thick. It’s still super soft, but definitely not fragile. For a mid-weight, I think it hits a good balance of all the things we look for.

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
I thought the same, until I started looking into Lewis and their history of using sheep hide.

Lamb is thin and delicate, but sheep can be fairly thick. It’s still super soft, but definitely not fragile. For a mid-weight, I think it hits a good balance of all the things we look for.
Their sheep is actually thicker than their standard HH - it is nothing like lambskin and is a fantastic hide - the green Super Phantom I have in it is my most comfortable jacket to date and it was like that straight out of the box.

Joshua Holland

Familiar Face
Their sheep is actually thicker than their standard HH - it is nothing like lambskin and is a fantastic hide - the green Super Phantom I have in it is my most comfortable jacket to date and it was like that straight out of the box.

I've seen some described as Rutland Sheep, is that the same as Sheep?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider