Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vehicles owned by Outerwear members?

nickv

One of the Regulars
My daily driver - 2001 Bmw 330ci convertible auto.
D3X_4056.jpg

My 2 weekenders. 1995 Harley Heritage Softail Special, bought brand new 26 yrs old this year. 2008 Porsche Cayman 5 spd manual, 5 yrs ownership.
D20_9627 3.jpg

My bike 2.jpg

D3X_3221.jpg

D81_8098.jpg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I do not drive much but, my first car was a Yellow 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440. I bought it from my mother for 350 dollars in 1979. The car was in bad shape, but I labored intensely and got it to run as it should. I was 15.5 and ready to drive but I truly did not appreciate at that time how that car changed my life. What a car that was. I then got a nice match box Porsche.
Many cars after that including Mercedes,Land Rover Disco I and Lexus Ls 400. My current car is a 350z I purchased new in 06 and highly modified by me. Also my daily driver is a Sierra 4x4 that serves as my toy hauler.
Currently in my stable I have HD road king in Pewter pearl, Ducati 1198 white pear, Honda RC51 in pristine condition, Bmw gs 1200 rallye in white and red frame, and gs1200 silver and black adventure, Yamaha dynasty scooter.

The Scooter is lots of fun!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Now that’s one E thing i’d f**kin ride!
B
Back in 1960's London, you just had to be a scooter "Mod." I think it meant modern. The scooter would be decorated with lots of lights and rear view mirrors. I had a Vespa 180.
jag-mod.jpg
Not this actual one but it gives you the idea what we did to those scooters. Mine was short lived having come close to a near death collision. I promised my father not to ride two wheels.
My first two, run of the mill cars didn't last long, and then I fell for this.
jag-elan.jpg
It's called a Lotus Elan, reliable it was not. I had so much trouble with it and the dealer either took pity on me or got sick of the sight of me that he allowed me the full purchase price as a trade in against this:
jag-e-type-ft.jpg
Much as I loved it, the Jaguar was a money pit, it cost a fortune to run, to service and to insure. A year later, two pieces of good fortune came my way. I was offered more than I paid for the Jaguar and my new job came with a company car that would be changed every two years.
Fast forward twenty five years or so and that itch I had on my Mod scooter, the one about upgrading to something more substantial, well that itch got well and truly scratched.
ec.jpg
The Harley was a one off, we had fun, the itch was gone and so was the bike. No near misses, no scrapes and not even a wobble.
Then came the heritage era, I had been on the lookout for a pre-war MG but the asking prices were astronomical.
By chance I came across a magnificent Packard. It was also in right hand drive, so it was that I got into heritage.
camera 5 049.JPG
The Packard really was a great deal of fun, but spares and repairs were both difficult to locate and expensive to buy,
so that wonderful car found a new custodian and a new (very old) car graced our garage.
Poole Goes Vintage 01.jpg
That just about brings it full circle except for one thing. Three years ago I had a hip replacement, my surgeon recommended regular exercise like swimming and cycling. Always one to follow doctor's orders I found a rare 1920's bicycle, and that's the limit of my two wheeled adventures these days.
holmsley4.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Back in 1960's London, you just had to be a scooter "Mod." I think it meant modern. The scooter would be decorated with lots of lights and rear view mirrors. I had a Vespa 180.
View attachment 331514
Not this actual one but it gives you the idea what we did to those scooters. Mine was short lived having come close to a near death collision. I promised my father not to ride two wheels.
My first two, run of the mill cars didn't last long, and then I fell for this.
View attachment 331512
It's called a Lotus Elan, reliable it was not. I had so much trouble with it and the dealer either took pity on me or got sick of the sight of me that he allowed me the full purchase price as a trade in against this:
View attachment 331513
Much as I loved it, the Jaguar was a money pit, it cost a fortune to run, to service and to insure. A year later, two pieces of good fortune came my way. I was offered more than I paid for the Jaguar and my new job came with a company car that would be changed every two years.
Fast forward twenty five years or so and that itch I had on my Mod scooter, the one about upgrading to something more substantial, well that itch got well and truly scratched.
View attachment 331515
The Harley was a one off, we had fun, the itch was gone and so was the bike. No near misses, no scrapes and not even a wobble.
Then came the heritage era, I had been on the lookout for a pre-war MG but the asking prices were astronomical.
By chance I came across a magnificent Packard. It was also in right hand drive, so it was that I got into heritage.
View attachment 331516
The Packard really was a great deal of fun, but spares and repairs were both difficult to locate and expensive to buy,
so that wonderful car found a new custodian and a new (very old) car graced our garage.
View attachment 331517
That just about brings it full circle except for one thing. Three years ago I had a hip replacement, my surgeon recommended regular exercise like swimming and cycling. Always one to follow doctor's orders I found a rare 1920's bicycle, and that's the limit of my two wheeled adventures these days.
View attachment 331518
I love hearing the chapters of your life Robert. At every stop there is an air of elegance and class that beats to a different drummer.
When they coined the phrase “Bob’s your uncle”, they must have been referring to you and your bride Tina.
B
Ps: i’ll take the Jag!

ParkerFM

New in Town
Bonneville Scout2.jpeg

These are marketed under different names in different parts of the world - in the States they are marketed by Revi Bikes as the Cheetah, and also by Wicked Thumb Electrocycles. Here in NZ they are sold by Boost Bikes as the Scout. With a bit of badge engineering, mine presents as a Bonneville!
Mine has a 750 watt Bafang rear hub motor, a 48volt 17.5 amp hour battery and a few parts swapped out/upgraded (Brooks saddle and hand grips, Surly tyres, DMR pedals). They are available with different size battery and motor options. It's a lot of fun to ride - it tops out at just under 45 km/h and I can comfortably travel around 50 kms per charge. Riding it makes me feel 11 years old again!

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I love hearing the chapters of your life Robert. At every stop there is an air of elegance and class that beats to a different drummer.
When they coined the phrase “Bob’s your uncle”, they must have been referring to you and your bride Tina.
B
Ps: i’ll take the Jag!
You Sir, are always very generous with your compliments, much appreciated. After the Harley I uhm'd & ah'd over a Triumph, not just any Triumph, a 1927 model TT. But in the end both the price and the reason that the Harley went, my wife suffers from hay fever, the pollen from being on a motor bike caused serious sneezing fits, it was the same reason why I never bought, but dearly wanted, one of those small MG sports cars that you see a Spitfire pilot driving in war movies. The TT's price, I just couldn't justify. But that bike, oh my that bike.
1927TriumphModelTTMotorcycle.jpg

Man, all the machines you guys have! All I got is a rusty old bicycle...

View attachment 331692

These are marked under different names in different parts of the world - in the States they are marketed by Revi Bikes as the Cheetah, and also by Wicked Thumb Electrocycles. Here in NZ they are sold by Boost Bikes as the Scout. With a bit of badge engineering, mine presents as a Bonneville!
Mine has a 750 watt Bafang rear hub motor, a 48volt 17.5 amp hour battery and a few parts swapped out/upgraded (Brooks saddle and hand grips, Surly tyres, DMR pedals). They are available with different size battery and motor options. It's a lot of fun to ride - it tops out at just under 45 km/h and I can comfortably travel around 50 kms per charge. Riding it makes me feel 11 years old again!

I love it!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Please do! I have always driven with three pedals. It's my plan to continue that in the future.

This is getting much harder to do these days. More and more being taken off the market every year. I was dissapointed when the Accord dropped the manual at the end of MY 2019 as that had been a standby model for me.

My current DD is a 2013 Civic Si, which might seem a bit out of character on these pages. Typically more a teenager car, and often highly modified, this one is 100% stock and actually has just north of 200k on it. Other than a little paint fade on the roof and trunk, one could hardly tell. It's pretty fun on 2-lane roads, espcially if you could find some curves. The all important 6-speed pairs well the 2.4L naturally-aspirated 4-cylinder in this car.

IMG_1131.png
IMG_1138.jpg

Last edited:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
This is getting much harder to do these days. More and more being taken off the market every year. I was dissapointed when the Acocord dropped the manual at the end of MY 2019 as that had been a standby model for me.

My current DD is a 2013 Civic Si, which might seem a bit out of character on these pages. Typically more a teenager car, and often highly modified, this one is 100% stock and actually has just north of 200k on it. Other than a little paint fade on the roof and trunk, one could hardly tell. It's pretty fun on 2-lane rods, espcially if you could find some curves. The all important 6-speed pairs well the 2.4L naturally-aspirated 4-cylinder in this car.

View attachment 331737 View attachment 331738
Yeah, not easy at all. Civic Si is always a solid option. I really love my brother's WRX so I may look at one of those for my next car... Civic is also an option for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ