Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vermont Expresso HH

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Having never owned a Shinki jacket myself, can you tell me which characteristics you like?
Most people already answered it accurately, but Shinki just seems so 'classy' and gorgeous. It is fairly tough, but is still comfortable for the most part and doesn't feel like heavy armor.
It starts relatively smooth and clean looking which I really like and it does start to form some very beautiful grain/character, but it never seems to appear overly aged or messy. Some aged leathers look too aged to me and Shinki never appears to look that way. Even when it ages, it looks classy to my eyes.

Even before I owned it, to my mind it is SEVERAL levels above any other leather. I have owned 3 jackets and all have been Shinki. I am planning on getting a fourth very soon, which will also be Shinki. I see no future where I have a non Shinki jacket as of right now.

Benj

One of the Regulars
Technovox, great himel. I'd also be interested in how much you wore it, it's looking surprisingly brown. Also, it is a black leather, correct? Just tea core.

jon11

A-List Customer
I own two jackets made from Horween Vermont Expresso (Johnson Leather) very durable and wearable Horsehide, and if it sticks our weather here in Ireland it is good to go anywhere. Highly Recommended.

technovox

One Too Many
Technovox, great himel. I'd also be interested in how much you wore it, it's looking surprisingly brown. Also, it is a black leather, correct? Just tea core.
No it started out as dark dark brown. I don't wear it that much- but I did subject it to a hot water treatment when I first got it. (Not recommended.) I believe the hwt sped up the fading process faster.

Here's some side by side comparison photos of (from left to right) Aero Vicenza Dark Seal, Himel Brown Shinki, Horween Vermont Expresso. Hopefully these will help better convey the type of graining, and texture between each horsehide.

View attachment 47577
View attachment 47581
View attachment 47582
View attachment 47583

If I saw any of these jackets in a bar or a restaurant, I'd spend the rest of my stay there thinking how to steal it. If it was the Kensington, I would take a risk. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn