Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Victorian Thrillers

Brummagem Joe

Familiar Face
Brummagem Joe said:
Not thrillers but fantastic sources. Gigi, The Doctors Dilemma and the Prince and the Showgirl all designed by Cecil Beaton I believe. Moving into Victorian thrillers you have Sherlock Holmes, you could also check out a a couple of the movies about Colonel Redl the Austrian intelligence chief who was a Russian spy. When caught he did the decent thing. I think there's a film version of John Osborne's A Patriot for me and Claus Maria Brandauer made a very good German movie on the subject whose title I can't remember. Then of course there's Kind Hearts and Coronets.....eight murders enough for you?

......As a follow up to this comment the Brandauer is called Colonel Redl.......still in the Austro Hungarian vein how about Mayerling with Omar Sharif the costumes and sets were very good in this as I remember......mind you I have a bit of thing about the uniforms of the Hapsburg Monarchy which are very well captured in The Illusionist. Quite the best looking military uniforms before WW 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana