Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage 1890's silk plush top hat for sale

metropd

One Too Many
Condition good
height 6 1/4
size US 7 1/4 (58)

price $110 comes with original box

P1010128.jpg

P1010120.jpg

P1010122.jpg

P1010125.jpg

metropd

One Too Many
I will include a brand new Puerto Fino fedora, gunmetal grey, size 7,
2 1/2 bound edge teardrop fedora Plus a Christy's of England Top hat box excellent condition for free. just pay shipping. help a Brotha out....

metropd

One Too Many
I'm surprised so few people wear top hats on a website called the fedoralounge? You can't wear a fedora to a formal event.

Feraud

Bartender
A top hat is a niche item within the community of hatwearers.
You can probably count the number of Lounge members on one hand who attend formal events.
I had a Panamabob straw fedora that took over a year to sell at the Lounge. You might need to give it more than a day.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I am here to heartily recommend owning a top hat. I think it's just like any other hat. At first you think it's just too too. Then you try it, you feel a bit awkward, but after a while you get used to it. Then you start feeling cool.
You'd be amazed. Peruse Ebay for the different components of white tie formal wear, get yourself the whole regalia, and wear it to any place you'd wear black tie to. As I said, you'll be amazed how nice it feels, and actually how natural it feels. And of you think the women are knocked out by black tie, wait till they get a load of you in white tie!

MeatFlutebrightened.jpg

metropd

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
I am here to heartily recommend owning a top hat. I think it's just like any other hat. At first you think it's just too too. Then you try it, you feel a bit awkward, but after a while you get used to it. Then you start feeling cool.
You'd be amazed. Peruse Ebay for the different components of white tie formal wear, get yourself the whole regalia, and wear it to any place you'd wear black tie to. As I said, you'll be amazed how nice it feels, and actually how natural it feels. And of you think the women are knocked out by black tie, wait till they get a load of you in white tie!

MeatFlutebrightened.jpg

Thank you, exactly my point.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Since we seem to be editorializing here, let me add my dos centavos. This hat is beautiful, it's in my size, and if I could afford it I would buy it. I do not yet own a top hat, nor have I ever worn one, but some day I shall. A top hat is elegant in a way that no other hat is. If I look half as good in one as some of the more gutsy youngsters here like Metro do, I'll be pleased as punch. I will probably do with toppers as I did when I first started wearing fedoras: a cheap wooly or two to get a feel for them, and then on to quality vintage like the one offered here. Bravo to the young lads for showing the old fogies how it's done.

metropd

One Too Many
Slim Portly said:
Since we seem to be editorializing here, let me add my dos centavos. This hat is beautiful, it's in my size, and if I could afford it I would buy it. I do not yet own a top hat, nor have I ever worn one, but some day I shall. A top hat is elegant in a way that no other hat is. If I look half as good in one as some of the more gutsy youngsters here like Metro do, I'll be pleased as punch. I will probably do with toppers as I did when I first started wearing fedoras: a cheap wooly or two to get a feel for them, and then on to quality vintage like the one offered here. Bravo to the young lads for showing the old fogies how it's done.

Thank you so much for that sincere and wonderful compliment, I really appreciate it Slim.

R.A. Stewart

Familiar Face
Beautiful hat. Alas, my wallet's too small and my head's too big. Though it's been many years since I was at an event that called for formal wear, I used to wear white tie in my college glee club and can attest to what dhermann1 says about it. Black-tie formal is fine, but nothing approaches the way white tie makes you look and feel.

~Rich

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Slim Portly said:
:) lol :p :) lol :p Young lad of 62 (almost 63) here appreciates your comments, too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot