Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage 60`s Resistol Stingy Brim Felt Fedora

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
My first "real" hat...well,it will be when it arrives next week. After hours of frustration and not finding a vintage fedora in my size,price range and in a higher grade,I stumbled upon this new/never worn condition Sinatra-looking felt fedora! The price was not as much as I had feared at only $60.

http://www.anothertimevintageapparel.com/stock_7790.htm

There`s a description and three pictures on the link.The owner is on vacation and has`nt updated the item to SOLD status it appears.What do you think? I`m really excited but a little nervous too--worried I will mess it up or get it dirty. :(

Anyways this is my Christmas present to myself(besides I needed a winter hat).

HosManHatter

Jauntyone

Practically Family
That looks like a great hat, Hos! I wish I could find one like it in 7 5/8; I'd happily pay sixty dollars! It seems to be a silk finish and it looks as though it has an un-reeded sweat. The whole effect is very Italian/Borsalino, at least to my un-trained eye. I'd bet it's a very high-quality hat.
Don't worry about "messing it up", these old hats are pretty tough and besides, you can always have it cleaned and blocked later on.
Congratulations!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
$65 for a 7 3/8!!

Nice find. Interesting how the others have sold out...always make your purchase before introducing to the lounge ;) unless you are a 7 3/8, in that case tell us first!!:) :D lol :D :)

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I hope that your new fedora fits just right and that you get plenty of enjoyment out of it. Welcome to the Fedora Lounge! ;)

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the affirmations my fellow hat-lovers! Seller tells me my hat will ship either Wednesday or Thursday.

Watched some Leave it to Beaver reruns over the weekend and...DANG!...I never noticed what a cool hat old Ward was sporting. Me likem!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
It's good this is a hat forum and not a crack cocaine one cause we are really bad at helping a guy back away from the addiction. Welcome to the FL and nice score.:eusa_clap

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Stop me before I hat again!

Yeah, this is certainly the place to go if you want your hobby stroked!

No shortage of approval for yet one more lid.

How can I get my wife lined up?[huh]

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
WOW!! I finally got her and WHAT an incredible lid! I`m such a newbie that I thought something was wrong with it because it had`nt yet been "pinched"! lol

Now that I`m getting the brim to where I like it and a nice fedora pinch formed she`s gorgeous! Soon as I get my digicam back from the kids I`ll snap some pics! I am blown away by the quality of this hat as well(and I look pretty snazzy in it! :p )

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
FINALLY!! My daughter took some pics of me in the Resistol this evening and I`ve posted them to my photobucket account. Sorry for the quality of these pics but they were from her cellphone.

HosMan61

HosMan61

HosMan61

HosMan61

HosMan61

How does it look on me? :D
HMH

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
Here are a couple more showing the inner leather sweatband,in case anybody`s curious. lol

HosMan61

HosMan61

I`m working on getting some higher quality pictures and also some different views of this great little hat.
Thanks!
HMH

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
Thanks,Pilot. First "serious" fedora here. It arrived in like-off-the-shelf condition so I had to pinch and form the dents on the crown(dent virgin here),as well as shape the front brim.

I`m surprised how versatile this shade of brown is.Goes well with almost anything.

HMH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats