Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Balibuntal Hood and Bamboo Tube

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I purchased this beautiful vintage balibuntal hood in its original bamboo tube from Rick Blaine in March. The plan was to use a traditional Optimo crown block and hope for a 2 3/8" brim with my size 7 noggin. Upon sending it to Optimo I was informed by Graham that the hood would block out much bigger than a 7 and that if he were to block it to my size the brim would be between 3 1/8" to 3 1/4" ...and I can't pull off much more than 2 3/8" brim. He mentioned that I could have a shackle-curl plantation style but the brim would still be 3"

So....I am reluctantly posting this hood for sale here on the lounge - it is in great shape and is currently at Optimo awaiting a new owner's specs to be carried out by Graham. The weave is fine and tight. A truly wonderful vintage specimen and would've been a grail hat for sure.

Asking $150 for the hood considering it will block out to a 7 1/4 + with ease. Just depends on how wide you want your brim ;)

Here are Rick's photos from my original purchase in March

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou