Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Bathing Suits

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I don't think Kodak Gallery allows in-post hot linking to pictures. Some sites dont as it does take their bandwidth.

I have rehosted 2 of the pics on my photobucket for you so everyone can see them.

73164927514_0_ALB.jpg

87803927514_0_ALB.jpg

DollyGirl

New in Town
Yep, this is the one! I love this suit. Thanks Miss Neecerie! I found it was the cheapest at The Atomic Boutique- $55.00.

Mary

Practically Family
Love this swimsuit! Would you please tell me if this has a zipper? I have a similar model but I never wear it cause it doesn't fit so tightly. I'd like it to have a fit like yours so how do you get in and out of yours?

l_dc4c327a47130a1f5c689863574ecd31.jpg
[/QUOTE]

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Mary said:
Love this swimsuit! Would you please tell me if this has a zipper? I have a similar model but I never wear it cause it doesn't fit so tightly. I'd like it to have a fit like yours so how do you get in and out of yours?

Sounds like you just need a get a swimsuit that fits you better.

Mary

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Sounds like you just need a get a swimsuit that fits you better.

Nah, that's not me! I'm sure I could fix it with a zipper and some other adjustments. Just wanted to know if hers had one or how it looks in the back. If it's small buttons then I'll use it to keep the style. But maybe it's more stretchy than mine and she doesn't need anything to open it up to squeeze in the hips.

Will post pics if I get into presentable shape! M

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Coming soon to the classifieds...

A hardly worn, white satin, Esther Williams bathing suit from her FIRST season. circa 1990.

About a size 4, but being spandex can go down to 2 or up to 6 easily.

I will take pics later today and post it! But it looks like this, pardon the lousy posture on the model, I found her on the internet...
swim_2.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Just a question...

Question for you gals that's not actually related to vintage swimsuits per se. Do any of you own white swimsuits? How are they? Do you have problems with them getting dirty, or does the dirt tend to wash out pretty easily?

MissMissy

One of the Regulars
My 3 year old has a white swimsuit, not vintage of course. We were at the lake yesterday and when I took it off her it was seriously dirty, all the dirt on the outside came out in the wash but the inside lining still looks a bit dingy. I'm not brave enough myself for a white swimsuit lol I wish I were they are lovely.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Also, Jantzen has a repro suit available through Macy's. It looks exactly like the Carmen Marc Valvo suit that I'm in love with, except that it does not have the detachable halter strap, and the skirted bottom doesn't go around to the back.

110d_1.JPG

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
I ran out to Target to get some headphones (I break those things way too often) and skimmed by the swim section. I found this on clearance for a total of $10 (I'm dying for an EW but am a student and can't shell out that much right now). Although it doesn't appear as much on the website, it's a great pinup look and has good coverage. It's coral and white seersucker and just about as adorable as can be on! TEN DOLLARS! :D

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...59151&frombrowse=1&asin=B0013FSGBQ&rh=&page=1

=ritzy=

Familiar Face
I have many vintage bathing suits that I have collected over the years, ever since I was in High school. I had swimming for two years and never did like any of the stuff the other gals would wear..I would like to post them up and see if any of you ladies can help me date them. I would really appreciate it...
=Ritzy=

KittyT

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy