Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Bathing Suits

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I absolutely love the swimsuits that are 5th and 6th down on the list! great pics!! It's amazing that soon it will be time for wearing them :)

AtomicBlonde

One of the Regulars
Those are wonderful pictures!! Make me wish I liked sunbathing! :( Those darn nordic genes of mine make the sun and I rather uncompatible! I always look nice freshly cooked lobster!

Thanks for sharing!

-Jess

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
V For Vixen said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Look at number 1's little sandals!!! :whistling

V
xx

Great sandals!! Sure beats the beach flip-flops I'm wearing now. But then, that's what I wear when I'm going to the beach right after lunch today!! wooo-hooo!!!!!!!!

CW (not wearing a vintage bathing suit, but still nattily attired)

maisie

Practically Family
A pair of sandles, like in picture 1, were on ebay a few weeks back, but unfortunatly (as always!!:rage: ) they were a tiny size!!:( :(

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
AtomicBlonde said:
Those are wonderful pictures!! Make me wish I liked sunbathing! :( Those darn nordic genes of mine make the sun and I rather uncompatible! I always look nice freshly cooked lobster!

Thanks for sharing!

-Jess
Just stock up on the sunscreen! actually, I gotta do that pretty soon myself, the other day, I was out gardening and got a nice little sunburn :( ....my skins the same way, it goes right past getting tanned to burned, while my brother, who spends only 30 minutes outside, comes back in with a golden deep tan :rage:

AtomicBlonde

One of the Regulars
mysterygal said:
Just stock up on the sunscreen! actually, I gotta do that pretty soon myself, the other day, I was out gardening and got a nice little sunburn :( ....my skins the same way, it goes right past getting tanned to burned, while my brother, who spends only 30 minutes outside, comes back in with a golden deep tan :rage:

My sister too. Doesnt that just burn you up?! (pun intended lol )
Oh well, I'd rather be a snow bunny than a beach bunny!

-Jess

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Very nice! Those put to death certain assumptions people usually make about the time period, which is why photographs are so helpful!

1 )Not all women were pale- being tan was quite fashionable!

2) Not all women were thin

3) Not all women knew how to dress for their figure

4) Not all women wore mass amounts of makeup and heels while wearing bathing suits.

They were just as real as you and me :)

maisie

Practically Family
1 )Not all women were pale- being tan was quite fashionable!

3) Not all women knew how to dress for their figure

5) Not all women wore mass amounts of makeup and heels while wearing bathing suits.

What happened to number 4??;) :)

maisie

Practically Family

I agree with that!!!
I recently aquired, a quite nice I must say, late 30's cotton day day, with a 48" waist!!!!!
I mean you can't say that the only clothing you can get from the 40's are 24" waists!

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
I love browsing Cushman's collection and I especially love when I see that others have discovered the magic. Some of those pictures are just begging to have a story told about them.:)

L_H

As for fantasies of women in bathing suits:

jantzen54red600.jpg

jantzen55romper01.jpg

jantzen49.jpg

jantzen49pup01.jpg

jan58ok.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner