Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Beauty New Years Resolutions - 2009

laurakitty

Familiar Face
hotrodmama0201 said:
Alot of this is in preparation for VLV, but some are just things I need to do.

1. Lose 10 lbs. so I can be back to the 25" waist I had last spring! Watching my diet, working out 5 times a week and drinking lots of water.
2. Start taking care of my hands/cuticles/fingernails. No more picking and biting, wearing gloves everytime I do the dishes, and lots of hand
lotion!
3. Same goes for the feet...at-home pedicures, foot lotion and no more picking at my toes. Also to wear color on my toenails at all times.
4. Washing my makeup off every night and doing my skincare routine not matter what, no matter how tired I might be at bedtime.
5.Growing the damage out of my hair so I can have lucious locks again! Cutting down on blowdrying, dyeing, deep conditioning once a week, taking my prenatal vitamins everyday and getting trims.
6. Cutting back on the alcohol BIG time (until Vegas, that is!) of course we all know how this makes us prettier inside and out;)

I'm not going to VLV, but my resolutions are the same as yours! Must do better at all of these! I have to learn how to do better at home manicures and pedicures.

VintageRed

Familiar Face
Sydney Loren said:
This is also off topic but thank you very much! :D

I too love the new pic. Smashing, dahling. Just smashing. :)

Oh, I hate resolutions, but I wanna' play, so here goes. I started a while ago, some I'm doing wonderfully at, some not so wonderfully. /sigh Trying to be positive however!

1. Wear red lipstick & do my hair every day, take the time to wear something other than t-shirts and running pants. (Check marks so far! The ladies at the bus stop are hating me. lol )

2. Start to build a vintage 40's foundation to work with. (eBay is the BEST!)

3. Do more housework in general. My husband spoils me rotten. Sigh.

4. Get my butt to the gym and start a simple exercise plan to rid the post baby lbs. (Failing miserably so far. UGH! I need a work out buddy.)

5. Acquire some vintage patterns and try my hand at sewing clothes. (Bought the patterns and found a tutor so far!)

6. Last but far from least; be more patient with my son, lower my expectations a bit and remind myself daily that he's only 6 and needs more love than lectures. (I'm too much like my father. Double SIGH!)

Look out world if I accomplish all of this! My husband will think I've turned into a Stepford Wife! :D

~Red

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Those are some great resolutions!

Ohh boy.. I didnt make many cause I only have one year.. LOL

Soooo..

1. Pay off as much of my debt as possible :eusa_doh:

2. Wear different shaded of red lipstick other than the one I wear everyday.
(picked out a few shades of red that I am getting used to)

3. Do something to my hair other than sleeping on it and throwing a clip in my hair. (This one I am a pro at now with my new styler) :p

4. Try Yoga.. cause I need something to de-stress myself and give me a workout at the same time! (looked at classes)

5. Educate myself on a variety of topics and learn as much as possible this year. (including school)

6. Make a second dress.. or a pair of pants (this is a tough one to make time for but im determined)

All but one are in place and it feels fantastic.. I just have to keep it up :D

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I really, really need to stop biting my fingernails--it's getting ridiculous. I've thought about getting shortish fake ones put on for awhile while my real ones grow out. Hmmm. I'm off to the "Make Your Nails Strong" thread right now!

kyda

One of the Regulars
2009, here I come

My goals for the New Year are:
To shed about 10 kilo's ( not sure what is in pounds).
To pluck up the courage to wear vintage out in public.
To buy vintage items on ebay and just not watch them slide buy.

To be a better wife and mother and a nicer person.

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
Oh I have so many...
1-Calm down. A temper is not becoming.
2-Lose weight/get fit. Im very healthy for someone of my size. I had several tests done a few months back n my doctor was astounded by how healthy I am. Good genes apparently. Unfortunately if I stay the weight I am i wont stay that way so I need to do something about it b4 any damage is done...n b4 Im too old to wear a wiggle dress!
3-Wear sunscreen every day.
4-Keep on top of my dye job.
5-Look after my nails, top n bottom.
6-Take care of my clothes. Don't leave them lying in a heap on the floor and when washing, hang blacks and dark colours in the shade.
7-Learn the art of the fake lash

evelyns-niece

New in Town
resolutions

Hi, new here, but here goes nothing...:)

1. Make more pancakes.
2. Crochet a doily like my great-grandma. Those tiny hooks intimidate me.
3. Knit some socks.
4. Knit my first sweater!
5. Break my addiction to Diet Pepsi. OMG
6. Learn to sew clothing so I can make my kindergartener cute outfits :)
7. Knit my baby (my baby is due April 3!) an afghan.
8. Did I mention knitting?
9. Wear make up more often - find a red lipstick that is actually red and not some weird shade of magenta!
10. Dress up more often.
11. Learn and wear vintage hairstyles.
12. Did I mention pancakes and knitting???
:)

Happy 2009 everyone! You all inspire me so much :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran