Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Cal - It's changing my outlook on things

fantastic! The look, the leather, the lining is just so badass. must be too short on you though...

It’s short but I have a few high rise vintage military pants it would work with. It’s just way too tight, even though the numbers are perfect.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
It’s short but I have a few high rise vintage military pants it would work with. It’s just way too tight, even though the numbers are perfect.
that's good it's wearable but pity not comfortable, is it because the lining is too thick? hopefully something can be done about it.

that's good it's wearable but pity not comfortable, is it because the lining is too thick? hopefully something can be done about it.

I can’t wear it. Too small, even though it should be perfect. The lining has some to do with it but mostly it’s the pattern combined with the crazy drop.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I can’t wear it. Too small, even though it should be perfect. The lining has some to do with it but mostly it’s the pattern combined with the crazy drop.
Well that's not good, too bad it didn't work out brother. it's probably going to be expensive to make it work too.

Well that's not good, too bad it didn't work out brother. it's probably going to be expensive to make it work too.

Yeah. I’ll see what Cal (I ain’t holding my breath- sent them an email and left a voicemail) and Great Leather say. Dena is considering the options.

I hate bad comms so I suspect Cal will fall out of the picture quickly. The jacket can be made of unicorn lips and massage my back as I wear it, you don’t respond to a simple inquiry you are dead to me.

Yeah. I’ll see what Cal (I ain’t holding my breath- sent them an email and left a voicemail) and Great Leather say. Dena is considering the options.

I hate bad comms so I suspect Cal will fall out of the picture quickly. The jacket can be made of unicorn lips and massage my back as I wear it, you don’t respond to a simple inquiry you are dead to me.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

hope Dena takes it on. I just saw the classified listing and I saw the 24 chest to 18 hem hahaha that ain't going to work

yeah I unfortunately got the same message seen zoned from the current Cal store when I was snooping around for actual measurements of some size 36-38 LAPD jackets.

hope Dena takes it on. I just saw the classified listing and I saw the 24 chest to 18 hem hahaha that ain't going to work

yeah I unfortunately got the same message seen zoned from the current Cal store when I was snooping around for actual measurements of some size 36-38 LAPD jackets.

The cop who wore it had ribs removed. Had to. I just forgot to ask for the hem. I normally do. And I normally do when selling jackets. I…effed…up. Still, a great jacket to own.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had the same experience with them a couple years back when I wanted to see about having a new mouton collar made for my vintage Cal. After a week or so of spotty communication I decided there was no way in hell I was going to send my jacket off to them…

Bahabp100

Practically Family
Here’s my Cal Family pop up album. Family including cousins and second cousins. My outstanding 1960s Cal (big Daddy), SF Leatherman Cal (call me daddy), SCHOTT 125 police (2nd Cousin), SCHOTT 1985 JD-2 (cousin), this one actually still smells like new leather somehow. On the 2 Schott I managed to use SCHOTT 184 SM pile collars that fit 4 out of 6 snaps and fits nicely
EC1D3739-502C-43A2-81B2-8C8D503877FE.jpeg
F6C0DED5-6BC9-4D20-8BFA-07F8B74A6126.jpeg
CCA9EFFD-5EB0-4DF9-BACC-8E24B2D89DBA.jpeg
807E290B-CED4-4693-B543-D4ED0DB4EAB1.jpeg
AC71B01E-D4E9-4944-9101-99A31F3C7973.jpeg
8A380E4A-E4C2-40BD-91B9-8809E53AED90.jpeg
36B2C7A1-0D19-46D6-8801-9960E1D41B4D.jpeg
12C0545B-5C66-4302-B76C-ACE630BAF66F.jpeg

Spoke with Cal Leathers about the jacket. They believe it is a prototype jacket built around the time that Star Glove transitioned to Cal Leathers. They were experimenting with the jacket and what ultimately became the Cal LAPD. As such, the hide, snaps, etc., is not something normally seen. She stated the jacket is beautiful and special, even for a Star Glove. I agree.

Psant25

One Too Many
Spoke with Cal Leathers about the jacket. They believe it is a prototype jacket built around the time that Star Glove transitioned to Cal Leathers. They were experimenting with the jacket and what ultimately became the Cal LAPD. As such, the hide, snaps, etc., is not something normally seen. She stated the jacket is beautiful and special, even for a Star Glove. I agree.
Was she interested in buying the jacket? Ask for some store credit for it if ya buy a new one from her lol. Id love to see another new cal lapd around here full blow mouton collar and all

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Here’s my Cal Family pop up album. Family including cousins and second cousins. My outstanding 1960s Cal (big Daddy), SF Leatherman Cal (call me daddy), SCHOTT 125 police (2nd Cousin), SCHOTT 1985 JD-2 (cousin), this one actually still smells like new leather somehow. On the 2 Schott I managed to use SCHOTT 184 SM pile collars that fit 4 out of 6 snaps and fits nicely
View attachment 379056 View attachment 379057 View attachment 379058 View attachment 379059 View attachment 379060 View attachment 379061 View attachment 379062 View attachment 379063
Nice. Hope this shower curtain rod is well attached. I live in fear that the shelving in my closet will collapse under 10 leather jackets.

Was she interested in buying the jacket? Ask for some store credit for it if ya buy a new one from her lol. Id love to see another new cal lapd around here full blow mouton collar and all

I thought about that after the call ended. Should have asked but then I figured she would have asked, or at least probed about my willingness to sell.

Leather Walker

Practically Family
View attachment 379056 View attachment 379057 View attachment 379058 View attachment 379059 View attachment 379060 View attachment 379061 View attachment 379062 View attachment 379063
Beautiful collection, Bahabp100! This LAPD Cal is well-preserved despite its age. The Leatherman one, which is an Al's Leather actually, seems to be a thick garment. If I'm not mistaken, the Schott 1985 JD-2 is the same as Schott 120, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ