Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Car Thread - Discussion and Parts Requests

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I think you can safely say that you fully exhausted its useful life. :p

BTW, what model/year VW?

1969 Beetle. My first car -- paid $600 for it, went thru three engines, and to this day it's the only car I've ever owned that always started on cold mornings. And when it skidded off the road in the slush I could just push it back out of the ditch by myself and keep on going.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I attended a VW show last weekend and saw a good number of 69 bugs. Those in cherry condition command an obscene amount of green.:eeek:

Last edited:
Nope, a 1991 Chrysler Imperial
1012292_10152191440594330_1291492556_n.jpg

$550?! What? Another Dart?!:doh:

It's in great shape, and I know I'll make money on it.

I bought it for the Mrs, but she didn't like it (too old)

You should easily make double on that one. At least here in the DC area, you'd have no problem moving it for 1200-1500. Looks like it is in nice shape, and I like the ox blood color.

As for the Mrs.....sound like we both have that issue. :p

That's about what I expected to get for it, here. She currently drives a 2001 Stratus, the transmission only has one gear (2nd) bad tires, bad battery, constantly won't start. This car seemed like a step up, it only had a couple issues, which I was going to address, and it would be good as new. It was my plan to give it to her as a Valentine's Day gift. She got mad, so I'm selling it when it's done.

It has really nice matching leather interior, digital gauges, all the bells and whistles, power windows, locks, mirrors, seats, vanity lights, power trunk, and the power-assist trunk closing feature, cornering lamps, hideaway lights. It's as well optioned as my Cadillac!

Guess you can't win 'em all. I'd use it as a winter vehicle (a 496 ci Silverado gets pricey to drive) but I haven't got the room for a 6th car.

You should easily make double on that one. At least here in the DC area, you'd have no problem moving it for 1200-1500. Looks like it is in nice shape, and I like the ox blood color.

As for the Mrs.....sound like we both have that issue. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
That's about what I expected to get for it, here. She currently drives a 2001 Stratus, the transmission only has one gear (2nd) bad tires, bad battery, constantly won't start. This car seemed like a step up, it only had a couple issues, which I was going to address, and it would be good as new. It was my plan to give it to her as a Valentine's Day gift. She got mad, so I'm selling it when it's done.

It has really nice matching leather interior, digital gauges, all the bells and whistles, power windows, locks, mirrors, seats, vanity lights, power trunk, and the power-assist trunk closing feature, cornering lamps, hideaway lights. It's as well optioned as my Cadillac!

Guess you can't win 'em all. I'd use it as a winter vehicle (a 496 ci Silverado gets pricey to drive) but I haven't got the room for a 6th car.

Sounds like a nice car Tom.
Those were popular models, and they had a great ride.
In fact, a friend of mine's mom had 2 of them.
She was so fond of it, her husband kept patching that car up for 15yrs, just to keep her happy. :D

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
1969 Beetle. My first car -- paid $600 for it, went thru three engines, and to this day it's the only car I've ever owned that always started on cold mornings. And when it skidded off the road in the slush I could just push it back out of the ditch by myself and keep on going.

I can testify to all those attributes! My 71 Super Beetle is the only car miss, and, the only one I dream about.

She doesn't want a RWD.

I thought this would be good for her, because it wouldn't attract attention from the law (she's got a lead foot) and the only criteria she gave me was FWD, good gas mileage, and power windows and locks. And she told me she didn't want a big car. She's very small (4'10") and has a hard time with a car that large.

Uh, try a Camaro. Something that looks young and vibrant not senior citizen. :rofl: Those were old, ugly and small even back when they were made. :p

She doesn't want a RWD.

I thought this would be good for her, because it wouldn't attract attention from the law (she's got a lead foot) and the only criteria she gave me was FWD, good gas mileage, and power windows and locks. And she told me she didn't want a big car. She's very small (4'10") and has a hard time with a car that large.

That is a large car?!
Obviously she won’t be driving the Brougham any time soon. :p
Unfortunately then, that means ricer by that description. Either that or something electric. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore