Vintage Cars

Discussion in 'The Golden Era' started by crazylegsmurphy, May 6, 2006.

1. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Out and about today, I came across just about the most amazing piece of motoring history, just incredible. I was in the market town of Ringwood where, outside a small auction house, a very elderly gent and a lady, turned out to be his daughter, were loading some small pieces of furniture into a car. The car was an Austin 16, a car that was made well over 70 years ago. The elderly fellow was a tad slow, but he was still compos mentis. He had white flowing hair and reminded me of William Hartnell, the first Doctor Who. The old fellow told me that he had owned the car all his life, and it was still his daily drive, although I think that his daughter did all the driving these days. Shame I didn't get him in the photo, but I did get his tired, worn out, but completely unrestored car. I love it.
    Austin 16 & friends 012.JPG

2. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

From time to time MG send me updates on various MG inspired events, films and shows. The love for this marque around the world is both surprising and pleasing. Here's a model similar to mine at an event in the US. How this guy loves his car. Can't say as I blame him.

vitanola and Zombie_61 like this.
  3. HOP UP

HOP UP Vendor

This is my 47 Fleetmaster coupe....was my daily for a while an 1012749_10200898463636369_1936347694_n.jpg 12032048_1499652710348996_7584964032598725774_n.jpg d drive her 2-3 times per week atm.

On the lookout for a 39-41 Plym.....

Talbot, vitanola, Zombie_61 and 5 others like this.
  4. ^^^^^ Nice ride @HOP UP ! I have a soft spot for that era of Plymouth you're in search of. My brother and I had one back when we were young teens. A 1941 Sedan Delivery. Got a new motor in it and made it drivable, but drifted away from the project and it sold at my late Grandpa's auction. We dreamed it would look like this, but retain it's original yellow with black fenders paint scheme.

[​IMG]

5. 31 Model A

31 Model A A-List Customer

Sarah was packed up this year and doing some travelling.............everything shown is pre 1935 except the table the victrola is sitting on. It rolls up and is packed away in a WWI canvas bag.
    20190929_114352_HDR.jpg 20190929_112436_HDR.jpg Sarah.jpg

6. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

1929 Duesenberg Model J Barker Town Car. A total of twelve right hand drive Duesenberg Model J chassis were produced, this being the first of the run. The body was built by Barker and Company of England, one of Great Britian's premier coach builders of the era.

This is the only Duesenberg that carried a British built body. It was exhibited at the 1929 Olympia Motor Show in London. The top over the chauffeur's compartment can be completely concealed with the soft fabric rolled back.

The Duesenberg Model J engine is a modified Lycoming straight eight, featuring dual overhead cams and four valves per cylinder. With a displacement of 420 cubic inches, the engine was advertised to produce 265 horsepower. The Model J chassis alone cost $8,500. Adjusted for inflation the 1929 price of $8500 would be $125,000.
    duesenberg-00012-2.jpg

BobHufford, 3fingers and Zombie_61 like this.
  7. 1930artdeco

1930artdeco Practically Family

Damn that is a nice car

Mike

Zombie_61 likes this.