Vintage Cars

Discussion in 'The Golden Era' started by crazylegsmurphy, May 6, 2006.

1. vitanola

vitanola I'll Lock Up

On the dash, except in the 1926-7 models, where it is bolted to the side of the engine.

images (15).jpeg

493624.jpg 1926FordModelTRoadstergreenn-vi.jpg

BobHufford, LizzieMaine and Zombie_61 like this.
  2. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

Saw this odd Ford... truck? Van...? Anyway, it was rolling down the road in front of me today:
    [​IMG]

3. ^^^^^ Econoline! Dodge had a cab-over like this as well. Always liked them, but would not want to drive one in snow.

1961 Econoline.jpg

vitanola, PeterB, Bushman and 2 others like this.
  4. 3fingers

3fingers One Too Many

There were several Econoline pickups around here. The Dodges were much less common. Then there were a few of these as well.
    1961-chevrolet-corvair-95-rampside-truck--1961corvairrampside172180-frank-j-benz-canvas-print.jpg

5. EngProf

EngProf A-List Customer

In the Golden Age of drag racing (1960's) someone put a supercharged fuel-burning Hemi in the cargo compartment of a Dodge pickup of that type.
    It would "wheelstand" for almost the full quarter mile.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  6. ^^^^^ I think there were several of those.

[​IMG]

I liked the one that went backwards.

[​IMG]

PeterB and Zombie_61 like this.
  7. David Conwill

David Conwill Call Me a Cab

If you like COE pickups, don't forget the Volkswagen Transporter and the Jeep FC!

1960 Jeep FC.jpg

8. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

The first generation (1961-67) of Ford's "E Series" (Econoline cargo van, passenger van, and pickup truck) were kinda' cool and fun to drive, but like their Volkswagen counterparts weren't "fast". Which is probably a good thing because, also like their VW counterparts, there was very little to protect the driver and passenger(s) in a front collision. Still, in a perfect world where money wasn't an issue, I'd love to own one.

3fingers and BobHufford like this.
  9. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Somewhere in my picture gallery I have a before photo of my good friend's 1940's Plymouth. It was a bit of a wreck, but he's been hard at work tidying it up and now he will be taking it to Normandy in time for the 75th anniversary of D-Day. He did all the work on his drive, including the spraying. I'm impressed. When I can find the before shot I will add it so that you can see his fine effort.
    Plymouth 001.JPG Plymouth 002.JPG Plymouth 003.JPG Plymouth 004.JPG Plymouth 005.JPG Plymouth 006.JPG Plymouth 007.JPG Plymouth 008.JPG Plymouth 009.JPG Plymouth 010.JPG

10. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Plymouth 011.JPG Plymouth 012.JPG Plymouth 013.JPG Plymouth 014.JPG Plymouth 015.JPG

HOP UP, vitanola, scottyrocks and 2 others like this.
  11. 1930artdeco

1930artdeco Practically Family

Look at the spaaaaaaaace in that car! Neat car, love it!

Mike

Zombie_61 likes this.
  12. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Some of the photos of my friend's Plymouth, before and during renovation.
    Plymouth 022.JPG Plymouth 023.JPG Plymouth 024.JPG Plymouth 025.JPG Plymouth 016.JPG Plymouth 017.JPG Plymouth 018.JPG Plymouth 019.JPG Plymouth 020.JPG Plymouth 021.JPG

vitanola, scottyrocks and Zombie_61 like this.
  13. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

continued:
    Plymouth 026.JPG Plymouth 027.JPG Plymouth 028.JPG Plymouth 029.JPG

scottyrocks, Zombie_61 and BobHufford like this.
  14. Studebaker Driver

Studebaker Driver One of the Regulars

I guess I might be in need of a new moniker for TFL.
    The new car is most assuredly not a Studebaker.
    If anyone is looking for a few good 'teens and 'twenties cars, I have a few for sale.
    13400.jpg 20190527_120409_resized_3.jpg 20190527_120749_resized_3.jpg

vitanola, Zombie_61 and BobHufford like this.
  15. vitanola

vitanola I'll Lock Up

Great Guns!

You got that Mountain Wagon?

Wonderful!

PM about the cars. I was disappointed this spring on a purchase of a pair of Hupp 25s, and am looking for a good, reliable, driver. Sedan or touring, not a Ford (I have a sufficient number of those).

Zombie_61 likes this.
  16. Saxman

Saxman New in Town

Friend of mine is selling this 1949 Ford F1 pickup. Absolutely mint. £38,000
    N.E England.

Attached Files:

scottyrocks, BobHufford and Zombie_61 like this.
  17. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Seen on the streets of Normandie, on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings.
    Plymouth 001.JPG

18. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Latest update from my friend in France with his Plymouth. His text message reads:
    "Are you still up? It's 00:45 here in Normandie, I'm sitting in a tent, in the middle of a field. The weather is raining hard and it's blowing a ****ing gale. My car is broken, the brake slave cylinder failed, but despite all that, I'm having a ball."

Zombie_61, 3fingers and BobHufford like this.
  19. EngProf

EngProf A-List Customer

Wow! History repeats itself. Ike had to put off D-Day by one day (to June 6) due to stormy conditions.

20. Asienizen

Asienizen One of the Regulars

I was looking into American cars from the early postwar era (1946-1952) because I love the rounded art-deco styling. I would likely, get one that is needing a bit of work and do some refurb on it.
    Can anyone recommend to me how I get new or NOS parts? Also, what are the owner support groups and networks available?