Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Computers

Matt Noir

One of the Regulars
Please forgive me if this has been posted before. I came across this page and I was really intrigued by the designs. I was actually "googling" art deco bathroom fixtures but found this instead!

Since I work in the IT field and have built my fair share of PC's - and I have a little shop in the garage - I may try my hand at doing something like this for myself.

Here are some examples:

Machine Age PC

007.jpg

Deco PC

028.jpg

Flash Gordon Deco PC

012.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

Unidyne Mic PC

001.jpg

003.jpg

Here is link to the main site: http://slipperyskip.com/index.html

Happy Friday, everyone!

Regards,

Matt

akaBruno

Suspended
Looks like he's using laptop motherboards. Very innovative, to say the least. Too cool. :cool:

I'd love to build some. But, I know it wouldn't be cheap.

Bruno

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I am looking at an old radio I have. It is a floor model, but not so fancy or in such good condition that I would mind messing with it. It is the kind you find for fifty bucks at a garge sale.

I am looking at it and seeing where it could easily have a computer inside it, and a keyboard that slid out, then a flat screen monitor mounted on the top so it looked like something out of Brazil (the movie)

akaBruno

Suspended
akaBruno said:
Looks like he's using laptop motherboards. Very innovative, to say the least. Too cool. :cool:

I'd love to build some. But, I know it wouldn't be cheap.

Bruno

It's all about heat displacement. Laptops are designed to run hotter. Heat is the micro processor's biggest enemy, albeit... human stupidity runs a close second. :D

Bruno

panamag8or

Practically Family
slipperyskip said:
Heeeey...I recognize those computers.:)

I'm currently working on a skyscraper-style digital picture frame.

It is about 60% complete.

032.jpg

Awesome stuff! You aren't too far from me, actually. I use the 129 shortcut from Live Oak to Branford sometimes, when Im headed to and from Gainesville.

slipperyskip

New in Town
panamag8or said:
Awesome stuff! You aren't too far from me, actually. I use the 129 shortcut from Live Oak to Branford sometimes, when Im headed to and from Gainesville.

I'm from Gainesville originally. I visit there often especially to get supplies for my projects. I have several friends in G'ville who are professional cabinetmakers. They help me/harass me whenever needed or required. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats