Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Concealed Weapons

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Harry Pierpont said:
MK said:
I would like a vintage or a retro style shoulder holster for my .45. Like this one:
Les Gillis sent me this link a while back, they make "custom vintage" shoulder holsters. He says you have to call them.

http://nelsonleather.com/index.html

Harry

Somebody sent him a Bianchi X-15 a while back but there haven't been any pictures yet. [huh]

Les Gillis

One of the Regulars
Nelson Leather

I'll post a picture of it. It's made like Robert Stack's from the TV show untouchables. I have two of them and they work great. I've been really happy with them.

Les

D

DeaconKC

A suggestion for protecting your sport/suit coats is to have a piece of very thin leather sewn into the lining where the gun rubs. It helps to also break up the outline. If you can get used to IWB carry it is much better and easier to conceal a larger firearm. At my size I can carry a K frame S&W 357 or 1911 fairly easily, but I must admit my "always" gun is a Taurus 38 ultralight snub.

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Concealed weapons can be very fashionable--my mother tells me that when she was a young woman she got an office job one summer during college--it was with a very respectable company in downtown Los Angeles. Upon hearing that she might have to work late, my grandfather gave her a pearl-handled .22 to keep in her handbag. "It fit nicely in my clutch bag--you would never have known it was there." Considering that this was in the
1940s when downtown Los Angeles was at its safest, I find this amazing. From Hancock Park debutante to ganster's moll in one quick step.... My mother, to her credit, was a great shot when it came to clays and game birds but a hand gun? Was this the ultimate accessory that even Bullock's Wilshire and I. Magnin's dared not carry? When asked if she ever used it, she said no. When asked about what ever happened to the gun she was very vague.... "I think I still had it when I went back to school....... Maybe I left it at the sorority house?" James Ellroy, are you there?

D

DeaconKC

In the late 1800's it was quite common for a young lady to be given a small handgun. There was even a common quote inscribed or given on a card, "No matter what his strength or size, depend on me, I equalize." Still a good thought for the members of the fair sex today.

Rick Blaine

Swiss mini revolver

rev_main.jpg

Swiss made, $6400 USD. It shoots 2.34 mm calibre rim fire ammunition developed for it and which is the smallest rim fire ammunition in the World.

Highlander

A-List Customer
Yep, Don Hume... Amazing too, a couple police friends of mine were around today and never knew I was carrying until I showed them. They liked the rig.

Hey, but that old 1911 Slab Sides you just got. Now, that's a piece. I like it, a piece of history.

Custom79

One of the Regulars
Happy to Make My Own

Although I'm new to hats, I've been cutting and carving leather since the age of ten. That was some time ago and I can honestly say that there is very little in the way of leather that I can't put together with my own flair added.

I've made all types of holsters including a couple of rigs for my single action armys.

If I can see it, I can make it.

Cheers.

C79

carebear

Custom79 said:
If I can see it, I can make it.

Cheers.

C79

I'm planning on trying to make one of these, a suspender holster. Talk about vintage.

I was going to size it for a Colt '06 .380 and make a few modifications.

fc521ab2.jpg

Highlander

A-List Customer
Carebear... great looking rig.. Being a "cowboy" fan, I love that old "Lightning/Thunder". I have a couple of those, although too old and fragile to shoot.

The Colt 06 in a 380 would be a great carry gun.

D

DeaconKC

Thanks Twitch, I may have to get some new grips for the old warrior though. Thinking about some Mexican Silver ones......

Warbaby

One Too Many
Vintage Shoulder Rig

Thought y'all might like to see a couple of pix of my vintage shoulder holster for my custom 1911:

holsterX2.jpg

Slim and slick - you'd have to look really close to notice it beneath a suit or jacket. The spring clip holds it very securely, but the draw is fast and smooth. There's a small, circular stamp on the back that reads: Visalia Stock Saddle Co., SF.

vintage68

Practically Family
Warbaby said:
Thought y'all might like to see a couple of pix of my vintage shoulder holster for my custom 1911:

holsterX2.jpg

Slim and slick - you'd have to look really close to notice it beneath a suit or jacket. The spring clip holds it very securely, but the draw is fast and smooth. There's a small, circular stamp on the back that reads: Visalia Stock Saddle Co., SF.

Very nice! I'm expecting my own shoulder rig any moment now from FedEx....I'll post pictures when it arrives.

Do you have a shot of the rig with the .45 inside? I'd be interested in seeing just how it fits in the holster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112