Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Dorko Straight Razor And Strop

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Dorkos are renowned for their high quality and were made in Solingen, Germany like the DOVOs, ERNS and others.

The razor blade is a size 6/8 extra hollow in excellent condition with no pitting at all to the blade, no rust, etc. Still sharp. There are a couple bits near the logo and on the reverse side of the blade (where the logo would be) which look like there is some surface spotting, but it isn't pitting. Probably just needs a good polish. The scales are rather uninteresting plastic which was probably a replacement from the original scales.

The strop is in good condition with a few nicks along the edges and multiple shallow, superficial nicks on the bottom left side. These are not deep however, and the strop is still very much usable. On the reverse is a canvas strop. I would guess the strop to be 1930s or 40s.

This would be ideal for someone considering starting out straight razor shaving but dont want to dump 1/4 of their paycheque getting started.

A decent razor would normally set you back about £100, and a strop another £50.

Im asking £50 for the pair.

dorko1.jpg

img8999j.jpg

Fatman

New in Town
I'd like to call dibs if shipping to Australia is a reasonable price. I can't PM (No posts).

Could you let me know about the shipping and I will decide? Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo