Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Eastman SFAD B3 size 42R

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I feel sorry for you to hear that! Was the transaction with bank transfer, PayPal or PayPal family and friends? I suppose with PayPal?

Snackson

Familiar Face
Thanks.. it was Paypal. I've learned some important lessons. Better luck next time!
The buyer is now banned from selling/buying.
Stay safe everybody.

Last edited:

dubpynchon

One Too Many
And Paypal friends and family honored his complaint? I thought going through friends and family meant the seller was protected as it's seen as a non-business negotiation.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I don't think a seller has a recourse after using F&F as the transaction implies no goods changed hands and eBay fees were not charged. Looks like the scammer abused the trust we have in fellow TFL members when we use F&F as form of payment. I also would not say I'd not sell anything to Russia as we have some great members from there. But, I'd probably just pay the 3% as form of insurance (however weak) to any member with whom I did not deal directly before. Sad story.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Hopefully the perpetrator won’t be showing his face on fedora lounge or vlj again & will be unable to join under an assumed name.

That is absolute BULLSHIT!! File a claim against the buyer. Get that guy the **** outta here. Sick of hearing about his bullshit.
EDIT: I see a scarlet letter has been applied. Good. About time. Let it stick. I personally will make a mission of outing this jag-off should he try and rear his ugly ass head under a different username. Won’t be hard to spot.
OP- sorry for your experience. I’ve dealt with some crumby buyers in the past. Never that low.

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Oh, turns out it was the SAME person. I was also scammed it seems. Package (GW mind you) disappeared, and I also reimbursed him the $750 or so. I lost both. I’m too nice and didn’t put up a fight; jacket was sold to him under his terms because I thought he was a rather revered member of both forums and I’m kind of a pushover. The only consolation I have is knowing that he probably has the jacket rather than some anonymous postal worker. Not mad, not disappointed, I’m kind of relieved I at least have closure and that the jacket at least goes to an aficionado. Let’s hope. I sure could use that $800 now though.

In my case the package was never received when I checked. But obvi there is something fishy here. I think the address city was Ekaterinburg or something to that tune, for future buyers to be aware.

Last edited:
Oh, turns out it was the SAME person. I was also scammed it seems. Package (GW mind you) disappeared, and I also reimbursed him the $750 or so. I lost both. I’m too nice and didn’t put up a fight; jacket was sold to him under his terms because I thought he was a rather revered member of both forums and I’m kind of a pushover. The only consolation I have is knowing that he probably has the jacket rather than some anonymous postal worker. Not mad, not disappointed, I’m kind of relieved I at least have closure and that the jacket at least goes to an aficionado. Let’s hope.

In my case the package was never received when I checked. But obvi there is something fishy here.
Sorry to hear that Nick. Looks like little Lebowski already ran away. As a forum community we should make sure he stays gone. Deplorable. The lowest form. Hearing stuff like this really angers me, it takes a cheap shot at the foundation of goodwill this community is based on.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I would never do business with him again, but I had previously sold him a 2330 A-2 with no issues at all. I wonder if it’s just some shady Russian postal workers (sorry for the generalization). Would have to know more but it doesn’t sound good. Oh well. Sorry OP. The potential for scams seems rather big on communities built on trust. I’m being more stringent with future sales, and hope others will too. Not going to sour my day. Life’s too short.

I would never do business with him again, but I had previously sold him a 2330 A-2 with no issues at all. I wonder if it’s just some shady Russian postal workers (sorry for the generalization). Would have to know more but it doesn’t sound good. Oh well. Sorry OP. The potential for scams seems rather big on communities built on trust. I’m being more stringent with future sales, and hope others will too. Not going to sour my day. Life’s too short.
It’s not just you Nick. This guy is a serial
Offender. USPS never showed your sale delivered? That’s weird in and of itself. I’ve sold plenty abroad. Can take 6-8 weeks for stuff shipped priority (even express) but it always shows delivered eventually.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
It’s not just you Nick. This guy is a serial
Offender. USPS never showed your sale delivered? That’s weird in and of itself. I’ve sold plenty abroad. Can take 6-8 weeks for stuff shipped priority (even express) but it always shows delivered eventually.

actually I should check that. Will have to when on the PC. It was shipped during the onset of the whole corona thing back in March.

ETA still in transit as of March 14th. Who knows anymore.

Last edited:
actually I should check that. Will have to when on the PC. It was shipped during the onset of the whole corona thing back in March.
If it shows delivered get your money back! I’ve had stuff totally fall off the grid. But it does eventually show delivered status. USPS keeps that data for one year (or at least they used to).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto