Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Fedora Hat Collection for sale 150+

Johnny The Hat

New in Town
Entire Vintage collection for sale; 20 years of collecting.Mostly from 50's and 60's, but some from 30's and 40's.Mostly all fedora's and in very good to mint condition.Many original boxes.All sizes from 6 7/8- 7 5/8. KNOX,STETSON,DOBBS,ADAM,CHAMP,MALLORY,LEE,DISNEY,ETC.....IF YOU LIVE IN THE SOUTHERN CALIF. AREA AND WOULD LIKE TO VIEW PLEASE EMAIL MY-ARTOPIA@SBCGLOBAL.NET.
CAN SEND PHOTOS BUT TOO MANY TO DO ALL.
BETTER TO VIEW.THE ENTIRE COLLECTION CAN FILL A MINI VAN WITH ALL THE SEATS DOWN.MOST ARE IN HAT BOXES IF NOT THE ORIGINAL ANYWAY. I don't want to part with them, but times are tough. $3000.00 FOR ALL.Sorry not many wide brims, but well worth the look to get all in one shot. Thank you.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
So, we have a mini van full of hats but we really don't know what you have yet. If you can break it down a little to give us some idea of how many really premium hats you have it would help. I have an ad on the lounge classified section looking for a Playboy, Stratoliner or Whippet in a 7 1/2-7 5/8. Can you help me out with any of those? I'd be interested in knowing exactly what you have in a 7 1/2 - 7 5/8 of any style. I doubt that you will get anyone to purchase a whole collection site unseen but I could be wrong.

Alex

Practically Family
That's a massive lot, if only it could be split up and shipped out.. Understandable financial situation though.

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
I don't see why everyone is slamming this guy about pictures considering he isn't breaking up the lot and wont ship them. Its a local sale of 150+ hats, I wouldn't take pictures of all of it to put on a forum for people that won't buy them. As he said, if serious you can meet with him or he will send pictures.

Anyway on topic, I wish you luck with the sale.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Well, I live in Southern California and I love hats, but........... I enjoy being married for 17 yrs! Let me know when you have to break up the lot. I hope you find a buyer.

SgtRick

One of the Regulars
I think his chances are alot better of getting what he wants if he breaks up the lot. Easier for people to come up with a few hundred dollars and buy part of it than to wait and try to bag the white elephant.

Omne

Familiar Face
Breaking them up by size would help, that way end buyers could consider it instead of a reseller. That said, if you find someone to take all of them it would be great for you. Hope it works out for you.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I don't see why everyone is slamming this guy about pictures considering he isn't breaking up the lot and wont ship them. Its a local sale of 150+ hats, I wouldn't take pictures of all of it to put on a forum for people that won't buy them. As he said, if serious you can meet with him or he will send pictures.

Anyway on topic, I wish you luck with the sale.

I didn't mean to sound like I was slamming him and I don't think I did. I did not pick up on the fact that he was selling them by the "lot." I don't live anywhere near California so it's hard to think that a hat one of us have been looking for for a long time might be in a box in a minivan two thousand miles away. I wish him luck but like most people here, I think he could make a lot more money if he sold them maybe ten at a time here on the lounge.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I don't see why everyone is slamming this guy about pictures considering he isn't breaking up the lot and wont ship them. Its a local sale of 150+ hats, I wouldn't take pictures of all of it to put on a forum for people that won't buy them. As he said, if serious you can meet with him or he will send pictures.]

I didn't see that he specified this as a local sale. He said "IF YOU LIVE IN THE SOUTHERN CALIF. AREA AND WOULD LIKE TO VIEW PLEASE EMAIL MY-ARTOPIA@SBCGLOBAL.NET." But what if you don't? He didn't say "Non-locals need not reply." Besides, no one here is slamming him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner