1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Vintage Harley Horsehide "One Pocket" Sportster Cafe Racer Jacket 44

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by technovox, Dec 4, 2018 at 11:12 PM.

1. technovox

technovox Practically Family

Just thought I'd run this by the folks here on FDL - offering a rare vintage Harley Sportster "One Pocket" cafe racer jacket. I currently have this one up on ebay, but willing to sell at a discount to FDL members.
    These early Harley Sportsters are thought to be horsehide, but Harley never labeled the type of leather. This jacket has the all original earlier Conmar/Scoville zippers and snaps and they all work. Original Conmar main zip. Early Conmar diamond pull is still on pocket (usually this is missing on these older Sportsters.) Original Scoville sleeve zips. The leather is supple, very soft, and so gorgeous. No holes or tears that I could find. Just perfectly broken in! A bit dry- could use a conditioner. Lining is good. Normally I'd keep a jacket like this one for myself, but it just doesn’t fit. Too big for me. From a non-smoking household.
    No size label (or any label), so please go by the measurements since vintage jackets are different than today’s sizes. I typically wear a size 42 (or 44 in vintage sizes,) and this one is plenty big on me. I’d estimate it at a modern fit in a standard to loose fitting size 44 or a very tight size 46.

Approximate measurements are as follows. (Remember- these are approximate measurements, everyone has a different way to measure jackets.)
    Armpit to Armpit is 23”
    The shoulders measure outside to outside seam 19" inches,
    Sleeve length measures 25" inches long.
    Base of neck to bottom of jacket on back: 25.5 inches

Super hard to find in the larger size...especially in this condition!
    $550 plus $20 for shipping CONUS. Please no international buyers.
    PM me any questions or other. Cheers!

Harley44Main.jpg

View attachment 147053

HarleyPocket.jpg Harleysleevezips.jpg

HarleyLining.jpg

HarleyS44Back.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018 at 11:32 PM
    bn1966, lina, Monitor and 3 others like this.
  2. technovox

3. ksozay

ksozay A-List Customer

Beautiful jacket!

technovox likes this.
  4. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

This is something alright! Rare af and fit that cannot be matched. Just might end up on some Hollywood star. Be careful not to accept any offers from Colombia. Dude will just re-list it for 2 grands...

technovox likes this.
  5. Lance Sterling

Lance Sterling New in Town

Call me
    850-261-8452
    Please and thank you

6. lina

lina A-List Customer

Such a great jacket. I think I am the same size as you or I might bite...

7. technovox

Love to see it go to a good home! But if you're the same size, it might be a tad loose on you too. But feel free to PM me if you're still interested need more info. BTW How's that Triumph Bobber working out?

8. lina

lina A-List Customer

Really liking the Triumph, though the rainiest November here on record did slow me down a bit. And I’ll admit there are things I miss about the Guzzi Racer.

technovox likes this.
  9. ksozay

ksozay A-List Customer

Bump for a great seller and jacket.

Triumph = some of the best transmissions I’ve ever had the pleasure of riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lina and technovox like this.