Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Hat Ads from Newspapers

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Hanley Hall 1949
Detroit_Free_Press_Mon__Nov_14__1949_.jpg
Detroit_Free_Press_Mon__Nov_21__1949_.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Very cool advertisement showcasing a Stetson Southerner. This is a model that the adds run from 1947 to about 1962 relatively unchanged. The mentioned southern hat sellers showcase this ad.

Was it a model? Was it a re-named Open Road or other similar thin-ribboned hat sold to an "audience?" Or perhaps the hat seller named and wrote the ad copy? Do not know. Dave has identified that he has not run across other ads mentioning the Southerner.

Either way seller/Stetson worked it's audience.

Very cool Dave.

Thanks Dave for posting the recent ads.

Best, Eric -

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Very cool advertisement showcasing a Stetson Southerner. This is a model that the adds run from 1947 to about 1962 relatively unchanged. The mentioned southern hat sellers showcase this ad.

Was it a model? Was it a re-named Open Road or other similar thin-ribboned hat sold to an "audience?" Or perhaps the hat seller named and wrote the ad copy? Do not know. Dave has identified that he has not run across other ads mentioning the Southerner.

Either way seller/Stetson worked it's audience.

Very cool Dave.

Thanks Dave for posting the recent ads.

Best, Eric -
Thanks Eric!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL