Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

Myn

New in Town
Two more Etsy sites

I found two more sites on Etsy with vintage inspired clothing. Both these seamstresses will make a dress based on your measurements.

Miss Brache http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5140247

Jane Bon Bon http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5315387

and here's a bonus shop--hand dyed vintage slips, flasks, and jewelry
Miss Brache sells 50s style swimsuits and woman's clothing. She'll make clothes based on your measurements. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5140247

Jane Bon Bon--high quality dresses and skirts that look vintage inspired. Will make any dress in any size. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5315387

LuckyKat--Rockabilly clothes. Largest woman's size is 42 bust, 34 waist, and 45 hip. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=59182&section_id=5258348

and here's a beautiful spot called Dulcet--hand dyed vintage slips, flasks, and jewelry
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=55220

I'm going to crosspost these to the plus-size vintage thread as well.

Thanks for the welcome, Snookie! I'll wander over to the welcome thread and introduce myself.

Blondie

Practically Family
Joie DeVive said:
I looked this weekend and didn't spot any. Could you give me a hint? Color, section etc.??

By the way, Isaac Mizrahi has a rather nice 50s styled dress in navy at Target too. Portrait collar, self covered buttons and belt, fuller skirt. Around $45.

They come in a mid blue and white i think , they were in the womens section, (not in the juniors section) i also saw them online too !

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Joie DeVive said:
I looked this weekend and didn't spot any. Could you give me a hint? Color, section etc.??

By the way, Isaac Mizrahi has a rather nice 50s styled dress in navy at Target too. Portrait collar, self covered buttons and belt, fuller skirt. Around $45.
I loved that dress. Sadly I think it would look awful on me. The pants are the same color blue and the leg is more straight than wide. They are really nice but again not one me. :(

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Blondie said:
They come in a mid blue and white i think , they were in the womens section, (not in the juniors section) i also saw them online too !

its not online anymore :(
I saw them too in a picture, but not in the actual store.
adn I wanted them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly.
and now I can not find them :rage:

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
jcrew has some wool sailor pants in the women's clearance. it looked like they at least had either black or navy in each size from 4-16. i won't link since you look things up by size in the sale anyway. they're still really pricey but jcrew stuff, IMO, tends to fit well and last long. there are some nice cashmere cardigans on clearance too.

now if only i had ANY money to spend on clothes... :rolleyes:

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Blondie said:

Thanks Blondie!
My Target was just slow. I just saw them out finally this weekend. I didn't have time to try them then. I think I'll make the time to this week! :D

lyburnum

Practically Family
I've been working at the Gap studio in High Street Kensington these past few days, helping put together the new seasons instore layout and look for Europe. I took lots of photos, and thought I'd share some of the really nice vintage-y pieces that Gap's going to have in soon.

Sweaters:
book1.jpg

book2.jpg

I really love this pointelle sweater, I definitely want it in red once it's in store.

book4.jpg

High waisted pleat trousers and ruffle shirt

book3.jpg

Pierre Hardy for Gap wedges

They're also carrying their jodhpurs through to the next season - which would look super cute with that first sweater.

Smuterella

One Too Many
for the UK girls - I was very pleasantly surprised by New Look's shoes at the big store at Moorgate

Very pretty!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
After taking a hiatus from the high street for a few months I've started browsing again and have noticed lots of 40s inspired lines in them recently. Primark have very cute puffed sleeved crochet cardigans (in baby blue and green) but they are cropped and my bust is too large to look good in them. They also have lots of nautical themed items and cute floral cardigans. Their knicker section never lets me down with their novelty prints! I picked up some Mrs Lovett style sailor ones which have an anchor charm attached and are striped with ruffles and also an amazingly kitsch flamingo print pair. I also got a cute pair of red and cream plimsole pumps which I'll post in the vintage shoes thread.

Dorothy Perkins have lots of puffed sleeves shirts, cardigans and jumpers along with tea dresses and t-bar heels (again, I'll post these in the shoes thread). I got this cute puffed sleeved sweater today (I wish they did it in colours other than black and was a bit shorter) and a white puffed sleeved shirt with apple green stripes (no pic on the site). Both perfect for work.

55907501_normal.jpg

This shirt is cute -

05903781_normal.jpg

One of their tea dresses -

07092501_normal.jpg

I don't need another mac (or coat of any kind actually, I have too many!) but I like the cut of this one -

98901901_normal.jpg

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Target has some more Isaac Mizrahi, and vintage inspired dresses.

They have one that I would describe as Audrey-like in lavender with a V-neck.
They have a mock wrap in a rather bold pink rose print.
There is a grey and white floral with a scoop neck, and matching belt.
And my favorite was a lavender gingham shirt-dress!! :D

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Agh! Those Dorothy Perkins things come in my size and I'm in love with that dress! I've never heard of this line, can anyone tell me what the quality is like?

Smuterella

One Too Many
I don't think Dorothy Perkins is that great to be honest - they use a lot of synthetics in their clothing and the finish isn't great. Fine for everyday wear such as tops but not for anything too tailored. Their trousers tend to be a little shiny.

But then I haven't been in one for eons.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Smuterella said:
I don't think Dorothy Perkins is that great to be honest - they use a lot of synthetics in their clothing and the finish isn't great. Fine for everyday wear such as tops but not for anything too tailored. Their trousers tend to be a little shiny.

But then I haven't been in one for eons.

Thanks for your help. I wondered if it might be a "wait for a sale" kinda spot. I may end up copying that dress though...

SarahLouise

Practically Family
As Smuterlla says, it isn't particularly wonderful quality but then what is these days on the high street? lol I wouldn't touch their polyester work trousers with a barge pole but since I'm not a fan of repro then some pieces from the high street (when these fashions are "in style") make do for work.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
41-uoAMP94L._SS260_.jpg

http://www.target.com/Isaac-Mizrahi...ie=UTF8&node=15959151&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Isaac Mizrahi for Target. The top is the perfect candy stripe pinup look! It looks like your average top here, but not on, trust me. The bottom, to me, is just so-so, and I'm between sizes so the M is slightly too small and the L too big. But I bought it anyway, because the top looks so smashing on!

We must have been on the same train of thought this weekend. I went to Target Saturday, and asides from nearly fainting for all the -perfect- clothes, I got an Isaac Mizrahi swimsuit similar to the one you posted, only I got green, and with boy short instead of bikini bottoms.
I also saw this suit:
41Sf%2BXTHm-L._SS384_.jpg

and I thought it, or at least the print was very pin-up. I think it would look better with this top though:
5182OfQ3BbL._SS260_.jpg

And as a final conclusion, Isaac Mizrahi needs to stop. Just STOP IT. I am honestly going to go broke because of him, because I literally want to buy everything in his collection. :( :eek:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I went shopping at Target over my lunch break today and brought hubby with me (he will tell me his honest opinion on how I look in an outfit, even if I don't want to hear it!) and I found these great shirt dresses! They are SO cute. And only $28! I splurged and bought them both. ;)

shirtdressgreen.jpg

shirtdressblue.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot