Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by Miss Dottie, Jul 15, 2006.

1. susan

susan Familiar Face

^Thanks for sharing, "Maude" looks stunning!

http://www.bigbeautifulbarbarabrown.com/

You might know this site already. Just noticed that the whole site is renewed and you can find some new designs over there :)

2. Miss_Bella_Hell

Miss_Bella_Hell My Mail is Forwarded Here

3. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

ladies, a little market research here, you all probably know the Scottish vintage leather jacket maker Aero and their vast selection of styles. If those styles, like their classic halfbelt jacket, the highwayman/woman jacket, were to come in female versions, and made out of lighter but still the same quality leather (provided that you are not against leather), would you buy and wear it? It seems that for ladies, when it comes to leather jacket, the designs on the main streets are appalling, and made out of cheap hides. For the same current designs, if only they could be made of better hides that ages nicely, the whole women-leather scene would look so much different!

4. lolly_loisides

lolly_loisides One Too Many

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  5. Lily Powers

Lily Powers Practically Family

6. Flicka

Flicka One Too Many

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  7. Nora

Nora New in Town

Oh how lovely! Finally somewhere to get a coat that can stand a Norwegian winter! And the prices aren't too bad either, especially not if I can get myself on a Shopping trip over the border and sneak around the toll fees...

8. lolly_loisides

lolly_loisides One Too Many

I found a seller on etsy who is making some really nice repro, I especially like the culottes she has for sale.
    [​IMG]

9. Lillie Librarie

Lillie Librarie New in Town

There is a shop called Diva Dollz that does great vintage style dresses and separates. Unfortunately they only have two locations and very little web presence. I live in New Orleans where they have one location and happened to walk by the other location today while in Seattle.

But I saw this in the window and laughed because it had to have been made for LizzieMaine !!

[​IMG]

10. 40'sfetish

40'sfetish Familiar Face

Don't know whether anyone has already mentioned this one: Australian etsy seller "Jack's Daughter" does all the sewing herself from vintage designs, most items are one off. http://https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/jacksdaughter

Oops yup posted with the culottes pic above...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014