Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

User25159

New in Town
bellabella327 said:
Does anyone know (there was a thread) about a custom seller on ebay that would do a repo on dresses. The seller's name was like Top (something)?

I checked this out and, since they have a lot of the same designs, I'm curious if this is the same gal who is heartmycloset on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/heartmycloset i personally have purchased the "Liz" dress, and then had her custom make Barbie's "After 5" dress from 1962: http://www.freewebs.com/tressy-/After 5 new 1.jpg It came out AMAZINGLY, but i have to bring the hem up-- it's way too long for my crinoline!

oh yeah-- have any of you 50s gals checked out pinup model Bernie Dexter's clothing line? Her capris are TO DIE FOR! A bit $$, but worth it. Are there any other 50s separates lines that anyone knows about?

MissHannah

One Too Many
That is definitely Cynthia/TopRunway on Etsy. Am I imagining it or is she a bit more expensive on Etsy?

The Bettie Page repro line is pretty good, although I wasn't a fan of her capris. She does a few tops and blouses that are nice looking though and the dresses are, of course, fabulous - although they don't fit a taller lady with a long body like me! I love the look of the Bernie Dexter capris but SO pricey - especially with international shipping.

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Wrecking_Belle said:
oh yeah-- have any of you 50s gals checked out pinup model Bernie Dexter's clothing line? Her capris are TO DIE FOR! A bit $$, but worth it. Are there any other 50s separates lines that anyone knows about?

I have a couple of pairs of the capris and wish I could afford to buy more. I'm rather short and have an extremely hard time finding pants that fit right, and these do. I agree that they're definitely worth the money, and I'd love to see them in more colors!

CherryWry

One of the Regulars
JC Penney has some cute high-waisted pencil skirts right now priced at about $25 each. They're Worthington, which I believe is the Penney's house brand. They have some cute cardigans, too, with nice details.

Octavia

Familiar Face
^ I went to JC Penney a few weekends ago and bought myself some Worthington cardis. They are rather nice and not too shabby price-wise. They had some adorable pencil skirts by the same brand - one nice thick one with button detailing that I could have used for the winter, but they were sold out of my size. B/ Will have to go back, as they usually have good pencil skirts all year round.

Edit: AH, just remembered. Penney's also had some gorgeous vintage-inspired dresses on sale. I bought one but I can't remember the brand. I will have to check the tag.

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
MissHannah said:
That is definitely Cynthia/TopRunway on Etsy. Am I imagining it or is she a bit more expensive on Etsy?

The Bettie Page repro line is pretty good, although I wasn't a fan of her capris. She does a few tops and blouses that are nice looking though and the dresses are, of course, fabulous - although they don't fit a taller lady with a long body like me! I love the look of the Bernie Dexter capris but SO pricey - especially with international shipping.

Funnily enough I love my Bettie Page high waisted capris, different strokes I guess! :D Also love the dresses, though only have one so far....

I like some of the Collectif stuff but the quality isn't up to much. :rolleyes:

My fave UK designer is Vivien of Holloway, only one dress from there but it's lush. :eusa_clap Tara Starlet is another good one to look at if you like repro stuff.

maisie

Practically Family
Has anyone bought the Mary dress from Heyday? I really love the green coloured one, but was just wondering how the fit was and how it washes up (or do you have to dry clean it :S)

jillybeanlynn

Familiar Face
Trashy Diva

Hello all. I love this thread. Finding lots of new ways to spend money I don't yet have. :-D

Anyhoo, I just wanted to give a shout of support for Trashy Diva. I just wore this dress yesterday and once again realized how much I love this designer/store.

gallery

[I hope that link works. If not, it's the Audrey Mini Dress on trashydiva.com.]

No question that their clothes are beautiful. But I also wanted to vouch for the quality in their product. I have Trashy Diva dresses from 5 years ago that are in incredible shape even after being worn many many times. And they are cotton and silk, so they breathe well.

I'm a bit disappointed in the current trend of rayon in their line - I realize that it's probably cheaper to make, and in this economy, I don't blame them. But New Orleans isn't a place to be wearing synthetic fabric. I just sweat and stink up the outfit in no time.

Anyhoo, if anyone here hasn't tried them yet, I encourage you to do so. Their prices had me daunted for a while, but they're a good value if you consider how well-made they are.

retrosteph

New in Town
Heyday trousers

I am looking to buy a pair of Heyday trousers, I love the casual 1940's look.
Does anyone know if they would suit someone who does not have a flat stomach?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner