Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very cute outfits, she shouldn´t have problems promoting her work, esp. in the rockabilly scene. Looks better than the more recent Lena Hoschek collections. I also love the fact that it´s made in Germany and not somewhere in eastern Europe where it´s cheaper and still her clothes aren´t much more expensive than Stop Staring etc.
Btw, I just noticed that I´ve seen her Winter collection somewhere before. The photos in front of the house were great from a photographic point of view.
I agree. Nice stuff there. :eusa_clap

Drappa

One Too Many
Does Vecona have a Facebook or Twitter? It would be much easier to promote them via those networks and result in a lot more hits for the website I suspect.

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Now that I see the boys are allowed to make some suggestions:

I modeled for Vecona Vintage when I met my girlfriend. She is the designer.

This is her full custom line with a wide range from streampunk/gothic to 20s-30s styles:
Vecona

All items are locally made in small numbers. Support your scene ;-)

Yeah... support your scene and local artisans!

Very cute outfits, she shouldn´t have problems promoting her work, esp. in the rockabilly scene. Looks better than the more recent Lena Hoschek collections. I also love the fact that it´s made in Germany and not somewhere in eastern Europe where it´s cheaper and still her clothes aren´t much more expensive than Stop Staring etc.
Btw, I just noticed that I´ve seen her Winter collection somewhere before. The photos in front of the house were great from a photographic point of view.

You may better speak of something like "the authentic 50s scene" instead of rockabilly scene... it´s way too vintage for the average german rockabilly girl... and way too expensive... the thought of sustainability has not yet reached their bodys ;)

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
You may better speak of something like "the authentic 50s scene" instead of rockabilly scene... it´s way too vintage for the average german rockabilly girl... and way too expensive... the thought of sustainability has not yet reached their bodys ;)

Hm, you could be right about that :D

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you Drappa. I am glad you like it. And yes, Hepville. It's important to support each other in order to get a well dressed "scene" ;)

Flicka

One Too Many
I've been browsing this thread (but I haven't clicked on every link for 90 pages, I admit). I see oodles of 40s-60s stuff and the occasional '30s but what about '20s? I'm hoping to sew quite a few dresses, but there's a limit to my sewing ability and real '20s pieces are usually pretty fragile, so does anyone know of repro '20s dresses (and I don't mean Halloween flapper costumes, not that any of you would ever suggest something like that).

Tips for the aspiring '20s freak?

Lily Powers

Practically Family
I've been browsing this thread (but I haven't clicked on every link for 90 pages, I admit). I see oodles of 40s-60s stuff and the occasional '30s but what about '20s? I'm hoping to sew quite a few dresses, but there's a limit to my sewing ability and real '20s pieces are usually pretty fragile, so does anyone know of repro '20s dresses (and I don't mean Halloween flapper costumes, not that any of you would ever suggest something like that).

Try ReVamp Vintage . I do share your annoyance with the "go to" flapper garb that most people associate with 1920's clothing.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many

Leluxe have some absolutely gorgeous dresses.
http://www.leluxeclothing.com/1920s-beaded-gowns-c-7.html
I particularly like their cotton day dresses.
http://www.leluxeclothing.com/the-english-garden-dress-p-42.html

ThePowderKeg

One of the Regulars
I'm looking for a black halter top and not having much luck - anyone have any suggestions? I was looking at Vivien of Holloway, but I'm in the US and want it for an event in just over 2 weeks and fear it wouldn't arrive in time. Mode Merr, Heartbreaker, DaddyO's, and PinUpGirl Clothing (which is a last resort for me) have no halter tops in my size. Argh.
Thanks for your suggestions!

Flicka

One Too Many
Unless I'm mistaken, British sizes are American -1 so that a British size 8 is an American size 6, a British size 10 is an American size 8 and so forth. As for the exchange rate, check it with your bank.

Drappa

One Too Many
Unless I'm mistaken, British sizes are American -1 so that a British size 8 is an American size 6, a British size 10 is an American size 8 and so forth. As for the exchange rate, check it with your bank.

It's two, apart form very few designers. A US 6 is a UK 10, a US 4 is a UK 8, US 8 is a UK 12 etc. Online conversion charts are really misleading quite often.

Barbara

One of the Regulars
Try ReVamp Vintage . I do share your annoyance with the "go to" flapper garb that most people associate with 1920's clothing.
I had some trousers made by ReVamp back in LA. I picked the fabric so perhaps my bad here, but I was really disappointed that for over $125, the seams were coming apart and the buttonholes on the trousers all eventually had to be redone. AllureOriginals is the only person I'll go to for handmade vintage now.

Barbara

One of the Regulars
I had some trousers made by ReVamp back in LA. I picked the fabric so perhaps my bad here, but I was really disappointed that for over $125, the seams were coming apart and the buttonholes on the trousers all eventually had to be redone. AllureOriginals is the only person I'll go to for handmade vintage now.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
There's a new Australian repro clothing company called The Great Pretender. They aren't cheap, but the clothes are very well made & best of all the sizes range from 6-22 (that's 32" to 48" bust sizing). The dresses are based on original patterns from the late 40's to the 60's. I understand the owner will be introducing 20's styles shortly.

I purchased the "Maude" (late 40's) dress & it looks lovely (yes I know I need to take a photo wearing it & post it). If I had the cash I would definitely buy the faux astrakhan coat.

maude-aubergine.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm