Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

anabolina

A-List Customer
I just saw this dress on bluefly
http://www.bluefly.com/pages/produc...209&FOLDER<>folder_id=2056685923&ccsform=true

It's only $60, but I just bought a 40s pattern on Ebay that's almost for this dress and I've got some beautiful orange and cream patterned jersey. I'm not sure how it'll go with my new red hair, so I may make it in some royal blue, sort of lightweight, jersey I've had awhile. The only problem is it is more lilghtweight then I usually go for.

Here's the pattern

aeab_1.JPG

anabolina

A-List Customer
Shearer said:
H&M has got theses vintage looking western shirts for cheap now... well, everything in H&M is pretty cheap. The Ikea of the clothing world :D

DSCN1112.jpg

I also got a black, linen-like trumpet skirt, but don't have a pic of it.

As for the sizing... I'm not really sure. My sister is a 4 and swears she takes a 6 there. But the top I got is an 8 (which is a little tight in the bust and a little loose otherwise)... my skirt is a 6 (8 would be too big and I didn't get a chance to try on the 4). So long story short, I guess it would be best to try stuff on in the store since it seems like they aren't very true to size or consistent [huh]

Anyway the only annoying thing about H&M is that there's no online US shopping.
Hate to double post, but I so agree. I wish we had H&M down here in Texas, I know some of the bigger cities on the East Coast has H&M, but nothing farther west. I fell in love with H&M while living in Germany and for the first year after returning home, I kept buying H&M clothes on Ebay. I keep checking back in the hope they'll start an online store. Now I must acknoledge that Forever 21 has a similar style and feeling and they do have store in North Texas, they'll even be opening one in the mall closest to where I live next Fall.

Oh, and I love your shirt Shearer.

Shearer

Practically Family
anabolina said:
Hate to double post, but I so agree. I wish we had H&M down here in Texas, I know some of the bigger cities on the East Coast has H&M, but nothing farther west. I fell in love with H&M while living in Germany and for the first year after returning home, I kept buying H&M clothes on Ebay. I keep checking back in the hope they'll start an online store. Now I must acknoledge that Forever 21 has a similar style and feeling and they do have store in North Texas, they'll even be opening one in the mall closest to where I live next Fall.

Oh, and I love your shirt Shearer.

Thanks, anabolina! Forever 21 is my go-to tank top store :D They're good for staples like that... cheap, even if they don't last as long. But I go in there every once in a while to check out what they have. I haven't been in F21 lately, but it probably isn't a bad idea to go take a look at what they have soon, considering everyone is doing vintage-inspired clothing this year. They'll probably have some good vintage looking skirts, I'm guessing.

badleekitty

New in Town
ShooShooBaby said:
that's funny, because i can't wear ANYTHING in torrid despite technically fitting into their sizes. i think my frame is too small! i know a ton of gals who buy everything there though, and they all look fantastic.

too big for forever 21, too small for torrid... what's a girl to do?? :rolleyes:

Me too!!! Hugs***

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ultra Bettie Vintage

Hello Ladies!

I hope that all of you are enjoying the summer:)

I was doing a google search tonight on some vintage information and I came across this site Ultra Bettie Vintage
I do apologize if this site has already been mentioned. This thread is kind of long and I didn't see it anywhere. I was so surprised when I came across this site. She doesn't have all that much at the moment. I think that she is just getting off the ground. But, she has a very cute playsuit in an adorable floral print. I liked this suit because I was able to choose both a size for the halter top and a different size for the bottom. It also looks like the shorts are high waisted. So I was able to get my exact size in both the top and the bottoms. I also got a very cute vintage inspired circle skirt with cats on it. I know, the pattern might not be all that vintage, but heck, I really liked the skirt, think it is just very cute!! She also has a small collection of vintage clothes. So, keep your eye out on this gal. I think that she might actually be coming out with some more vintage inspired clothing. Here is the playsuit/swim suit and the circle skirt that I got.
I hope you all have a very happy and safe fourth of July:)

Shearer

Practically Family
Thanks, Daisy! I've been looking for repro skirts for summer on Etsy lately, and those are too cute. Happy 4th to you... enjoy the fireworks! :)

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
Daisy Buchanan said:
Hello Ladies!

I hope that all of you are enjoying the summer:)

I was doing a google search tonight on some vintage information and I came across this site Ultra Bettie Vintage
I liked this suit because I was able to choose both a size for the halter top and a different size for the bottom. It also looks like the shorts are high waisted. So I was able to get my exact size in both the top and the bottoms. I also got a very cute vintage inspired circle skirt with cats on it. I know, the pattern might not be all that vintage, but heck, I really liked the skirt, think it is just very cute!! Here is the playsuit/swim suit and the circle skirt that I got.
I hope you all have a very happy and safe fourth of July:)

Hi Daisy! I picked up the floral playsuit at the Exotic World convention in Vegas about a month ago! I LOVE IT! and I'm sure you will too!! the quality of the workmanship is great and the fit is dead on! The women who run the shop are also really, really sweet people.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fleur De Guerre said:
Wow, Daisy, that playsuit is lovely! Did you enquire as to the measurements of the top? I'm not sure what size to order (and I want one now, very badly!)

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner Fleur. I just took a guess as to the size of the top. I went with my bra size. I'll let you know how it fits when I get it:)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Someone was asking about big slightly floppy sun-hats not too long ago. I just saw some really wide brimmed, slightly floppy hats at Forever 21. The hats were available in straw color, light brown and black. They were about $20.

Happy shopping!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
exquisitebones said:
btw. if you can afford it Nordstroms womens dept has tons of 30s-40s inspired evening dresses they are stellar!!!!!!!

There were some nice ones there. Of course, my favorite (see below) was $500 and an XL was judged to be a size 14 (that gave me my first laugh of the day). Lots of detail on this dress--the seaming by the knees, the ruching, the neckline. Wish it came in something other than black though and is it just me or does this model look a little too much like Posh Spice for comfort? (Done on purpose, I'm sure).

_5416673.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy