Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Nice stuff!

I'm seeing those balloon sleeves in all the shop windows downtown--looks like they're the big thing for Fall.

anabolina

A-List Customer
Want, want, want, want, want.....
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2942054...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2384392&P=1

It's even on sale, and I have a 20% off coupon.:rage: But I still can't afford to spend more than $50 for a dress right now. Esspecially since I've promised myself I'll use my fabric stash to make anything that tempts me versus buying it. I just don't think I could make that, especially the pleats. [huh] Oh well.

texasgirl

One Too Many
That dress is super cute! I love RED!!! It reminds me of this one I saw the other day- you might like?

http://www.chadwicks.com/clothing/P...6&DeptId=15471&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0

2103_32198_mm.jpg

Trixie

One of the Regulars
I found a lady who makes the cutest reproduction vintage clothing! She's amazing & can do all sorts of eras plus she's super nice. She has tons of patterns and is just getting started with her business. She has a site www.joandcompany.com that isnt up yet so right now she is selling on ebay. Her username is frankswench. Here's an example of one of her pinafore dresses! So cute!

pinafore.jpg

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I got some cute vintage inspired clothes from Next in the sale. I never usually look in this shop but was pleasantly surprised and managed to find some nice pieces.

50s style red skirt with bow detail:

363650.jpg

40s style tweed jacket. I really love this and it looks so much better on! It is a fitted style with the bottom section flaring out and the back has a small pleat. It was £65 down to £30 and will look great with a brooch:

nextjacket.jpg

High waisted brown wool mix pencil skirt which falls just below the knee:

brownpencilskirt.jpg

I also got some tweed style wide legged trousers but have no idea where they are :eusa_doh:

Kim_B

Practically Family
A lot of these style dresses do fall either right at the knee or below...this one is quite a bit longer than the navy pinstripe I have, but that one falls right at the knee. I am in love with this dress...in fact, I'll be wearing it tomorrow - maybe I'll have someone take a picture since I don't have many full length vintagey pictures :)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Stop Staring.

Ahh it figures. I am working the Summer 2007 MAGIC Show ( no, its not for magicians, its the Men Apparel Guild In California, which is acutually mens, womans, childrens clothins, shoes, etc.) here in Vegas, well actually, they hold both there bi-annual confers here, but I digress. Anyhooooooo, I was just checking Stop Starins web site to see if they were going to have a booth at this years show, to see if perhaps I'd be able to stop by there booth, or even lucky enough to work on it to see if what they have going on before they unveil it on their web. Grrr, wouldn't you know it, their booth is going to be in the Central Hall. I am going to be working in the South Hall. I'm going to have to try and sneak over there during the show if I am not working on the actual show days, sneak some pics. I may not be able to wear their clothes, YET, besides being a litte steep for my blood, but I can still drool over some of the pretty things.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
SarahB said:
I got some cute vintage inspired clothes from Next in the sale. I never usually look in this shop but was pleasantly surprised and managed to find some nice pieces.

50s style red skirt with bow detail:

363650.jpg

40s style tweed jacket. I really love this and it looks so much better on! It is a fitted style with the bottom section flaring out and the back has a small pleat. It was £65 down to £30 and will look great with a brooch:

nextjacket.jpg

High waisted brown wool mix pencil skirt which falls just below the knee:

brownpencilskirt.jpg

I also got some tweed style wide legged trousers but have no idea where they are :eusa_doh:

Ah shoot! In the UK! And that would be perfect for this upcoming job interview I have! Ah well. Was there a Website?

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Red Dress Shoppe.com

Hello Ladies, Just wanted to put in a good word about the Red Dress Shoppe! I managed to find a few vintage-y tops in my size for a nice price and several others that weren't available in my size but were cute none the less. I totally recommend the Red Dress Shoppe, they have a wonderful site, some good stuff and extremely fast service- I had my tops in less than a week!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I LOVE Next!! That suit is great!
I'm actually looking for a couple of dressy suits for the upcoming Jewish Holidays. Sadly, the Jewish holidays are more of a fashion show nowadays than actual religious get togethers! So, one must look good!! To top it all off I'm going to temple this year in Manhattan, so the pressures on. Lucky me Ralph Lauren actually goes to the same temple as my family, so if there's a chance that I'll be running into him, I want to look my sharpest. He's actually really into the 30's and 40's for women's and mens fashions, so although I'm not planning on wearing vintage, I do want to find something modern with a vintage flare. Anyway, that next suit is great, and what a price. I think it will be nice for the short evening service on Friday night. Saturday morning will have to be the killer outfit. I was at Bloomingdales tonight checking things out and they have a lot of incredibly beautiful suits, sadly I think that this years holidays might just make me go broke! But, I'm planning on buying 3 suits for the 2 holidays, and whatever I buy I'll be bringing with me to France/Monte Carlo, so at least I know I'll be getting good use out of them. I'm hoping to find something that I can mix and match. Wear the skirt with a pretty blouse or sweater, wear the jacket with trousers. If I'm gonna spend money on a suit, I want to make sure I get a ton of wear out of it!
Anyway, if anyone comes across some suits that have a vintage style to them, please let me know. I love shorter jackets with belts/peplums, not just because they are vintagey but becuase it's a good style for my figure:)
Thanks ladies:)

By the way, I've been ordering from Red Dress Shoppe for a few years. They have great clothes, great customer service and really fast shipping!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats