Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Laura Chase said:
I saw these two dresses from a french label called Nocturne, pretty cute, albeit a little too dainty for me right now. From Footlux:

egyptian_g.jpg

egyptiant_g.jpg

egyptiand_g.jpg

jaide_g.jpg

jaidet_g.jpg

jaided_g.jpg

Ohhh the red one is very pretty, might be a good dance dress for me...
Here i go off to look at the web site.....

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
Just ordered these two cuties from Target:

418iEOOINKL._SS384_.jpg

41PGGW-JH9L._SS384_.jpg

I just wanted to report on the dresses I got from Target. The blue shirtwaist is perfect, I can't recommend it enough. It looks a lot shorter in the picture than it does in person. The shirt is the perfect length and fullness for a 50s shirtwaist. It really has some pretty vintage detailing on it and it fits me perfectly. I feel very chic and Roman Holiday when I wear it.

The other dress was just meh. I guess I need clothing with more contruction/tailoring in it, but it looked like I was wearing a hefty cinch sack around my waist. The dress just has a draw string waist, with no other shaping to it. Unless you're pretty thin, I wouldn't recommend this dress. the gathering/poofiness around the waist pretty much makes you look like you have no waist at all.

scorp79

New in Town
Unique Vintage

Hey Ladies! Just wanted to post about www.unique-vintage.com. I know it's been mentioned before. I had my eye on a dress there for quite some time and signed up for emails from them. Got a coupon and bought my wedding dress for $117! Super cute stuff! Check them out if you haven't already!

uniquevintage7331largerTHEDRESS.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
jessicarabbit said:
yay for this thread. now I have an opportunity to rave about 2 of my favourite australian designers:

www.alannahhill.com.au

and my absolute hands-down all time favourite vintage reproduction designer:

www.wheelsanddollbaby.com.au

I love their singlets and also have the supa club dress in red. divine.

enjoy!

Love Alannah Hill, Jessicarabbit!

Do you like Lee Mathews? Her workrooms are close to where I live locally, and she has the most fantastic annual sale there - I always stock up on her outfits, particularly her skirts and summer dresses. She and her husband are absolutely lovely:

http://www.leemathews.com.au/

jessicarabbit

New in Town
Mojito said:
Love Alannah Hill, Jessicarabbit!

Do you like Lee Mathews? Her workrooms are close to where I live locally, and she has the most fantastic annual sale there - I always stock up on her outfits, particularly her skirts and summer dresses. She and her husband are absolutely lovely:

http://www.leemathews.com.au/

hey mojito

I haven't heard of lee mathews but her stuff looks interesting. I'm a real sucker for review as well - what can I say - I like pink!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
scorp79 said:
Hey Ladies! Just wanted to post about www.unique-vintage.com. I know it's been mentioned before. I had my eye on a dress there for quite some time and signed up for emails from them. Got a coupon and bought my wedding dress for $117! Super cute stuff! Check them out if you haven't already!

uniquevintage7331largerTHEDRESS.jpg

I have never heard of this store.. they have beautiful wedding dresses!:D

texasgirl

One Too Many
I came across this line of clothes when I was browsing ebay the other day. It's called April Cornell, and I had not heard of it before. But I think the dresses, escpecially some I found on ebay look very 40s inspired.

http://www.aprilcornell.com/

Here are a few I spotted for low prices on ebay, probably last years's styles:

ScreenHunter_05Oct131434.jpg

ScreenHunter_03Oct131433.jpg

ScreenHunter_04Oct131433.jpg

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
Everyone found such pretty things! I have lots of ideas on where to find a dress for my husband's company x-mas party! ;)

Texasgirl, that bottom, rust/burgandy, floral dress is soo pretty. Very romantic.

Sylvanrealm

New in Town
I happened across this shirt at Kohl's the other day. I would have gotten it but the arms were too small on the small (which otherwise fit perfectly) and the waist was too large on the medium (but the arms fit just right) :( .
Anyway, it's very pretty -- reminds me of things ladies wear in the Poirot series.

385573_Vanilla_Ice

*Sigh* I tried posting it as a picture, but it's not working for some reason.

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Sylvanrealm said:
I happened across this shirt at Kohl's the other day. I would have gotten it but the arms were too small on the small (which otherwise fit perfectly) and the waist was too large on the medium (but the arms fit just right) :( .
Anyway, it's very pretty -- reminds me of things ladies wear in the Poirot series.

385573_Vanilla_Ice

*Sigh* I tried posting it as a picture, but it's not working for some reason.

Ohh that is pretty.. I bet a good seamstress could take the Medium in a bit for you...

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Kita St Cyr said:
Forever21 has plenty of vintage inspired pieces!

53980963-02.jpg

49111342-01.jpg

Great dresses ladies...
Ohh i like both of these... The white floral one would be a fantastic swing dress for our dance routines.... Hmm I wonder if there is a Forever 21 in Bellingham WA?
BRB, off to have a look...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy