Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired Coats

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
katiemakeup said:
Ooh Katie- you got a deal! I usually find myself wearing a black wrap around cape... but I'd love to have one of those old Florence Nightengale wool ones:)
I could SWEAR I just saw a long vintage nurses cape on ebay- yep, just check and there are quite a few still in auction. The one I liked but don't have money for that kind of thing is finished.

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
My friend Anna is a seamstress (I mentioned her in the clothing sticky) and she just finished this 30's inspired coat for herself. Her website is www.thegracefullady.com.
295666742_3eacbdab27_m.jpg

Grace

Vendor
This thread reminds me that I get to pick my coat up from the dry cleaners today!!

The weather started getting cold, and I was stuck without a coat. One day while working, I pulled out a killer black wool 30s coat to put on my site. I started eye balling it, and thought 'hey, that looks like it might fit...'. So, I tried it on, and it fits like it was made for me!!!
:)
It will be ready this afternoon...I'll post a pic once I get it back!

Now, if only I could find my dreamy knee high lace up boots in my own inventory...lol

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
Daddyos

Fleur De Guerre said:
That's one I have my eye on! But I refuse to buy from Daddyos, since I bought my boyfriend a shirt from there and got so ripped off by UPS it doubled the price of an already expensive item! :rage:

Good to know. I haven't ever bought from there.

Brooksie

One Too Many
I found an awsome coat at a thrift store today. It looks to be from the 40's or 50's. It is the softest black faux fur and it is trimmed in a dark chocolate brown(almost black) shiney/wavy faux lambs wool looking fur on the collor and cuffs with chocolate brown/black leather buttons. It is in very good condition and I got it for $5.00 at a little hole in the wall place. I would post pictures but I have not figured that out yet.

Question: What is the name of the faux lambs wool looking fur that I mentioned above? I have seen it before several times and it is usually all shiney black and usually the coat is entirely this stuff, I actually have not seen very many like mine where it is just the trimming. The brand of the coat is "Frank Meyerson" Originals - which of course does not mean much to me.

Brooksie

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I LOVE that Stop Staring coat from Daddyos. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), the weather has been changing so quickly in LA that I can suffer through the cold, since chances are the next day it will be blazing hot.

Does anyone know of any vintage-inspired coats that are cut for petite ladies? My problem with any coats I find are the shoulders are often way too broad and I just look like I'm being drowned in fabric.

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
My new coat

I got this coat in the sale at Wallis for £30 instead of £100!!!!!! Am really pleased with it and have put a big brooch on the lapel - it looks great, and they do big sizes too - hooray!
coat.jpg
:eusa_clap

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
jkt009.jpg

I found this in an eBay shop!

Is it not just fab! And soooooo me! :D

LD

ps, not that I was not looking for you gals either...I mean...:rolleyes:

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I got a cute knee length black belted coat with a fur collar from a charity shop for £4! Such a bargain. I would definitely recommend browsing through second hand shops for vintage coats. I also got a beautiful dark green swing coat from Zara in the sale, £35 down from £90. The shape is gorgeous with an open collar, waist belt and full skirt; I'll post a photo when I get round to it. The shop assistant said that it came in red which I would have preferred but I never found one. Shame it's too cold at the moment to wear it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff