Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Interior Photographs

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
I was perusing Yahoo! Image Search for pictures of FDR when I stumbled upon these at Webshots. All I know about them is that they're interior shots of homes in West Virginia that have been preserved. As far as I'm concerned, it just makes the past that much more alive.

76939023mgaKEw_fs.jpg

76938878pSwxdr_ph.jpg

76947312XTqYjw_ph.jpg

76947391RSJrAT_ph.jpg

76947460QDDJar_ph.jpg

76938649JMSxzA_ph.jpg

76938437dmRpvV_ph.jpg

L_H

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
Nice !

"Goodnight John Boy"......" "Goodnight Mary Ellen"....... "Goodnight Grandpa" ..... etc etc etc lol

Joking apart, it brings back memories of my fifties childhood. Nice pics.

KAT

A-List Customer
ok this is our stove we really used

23 years ago, my parents bought this house from 1820, they still live in it, see the old floor,
and since we were kinda poor, we had this stove, and we really used it to cook , until we could afford a real stove
so here we go..i was raised with style :cool:
sorry for the bad quality...today we use it just as decoration...

house063.jpg

Hannigan Reilly

One of the Regulars
The wife and I use a steel frame bed just like the one in the first set of photos. It's a double which we actually like better than our queen size. [huh]

matei

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
I've seen homes in Chile which look like that ... except that families are still living in them! (No FDR pics there, though.)
Good point! My wife's granny in Moldova has a similar house, except that she doesn't have a washing machine (does it all by hand). Actually... this house might be a bit more modern! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy