Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage jackets... modern pants.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I know modern pants don't have the same rise as vintage ones, but honestly, unless I'm wearing a vintage suit, I am wearing modern pants with vintage jackets. I am a smaller person and I think it fits my frame more, does that make sense? Maybe not, but does anyone else do this? Lend me your thoughts, I'd like to know.

Kabel

Familiar Face
Well, I only do that with my jeans. I buy regular waist jeans, because they fit my frame better aswell. When it comes to pants, high up works fine even when you are shorter. I do make sure they are a loose fit around the legs and everything. The '''baggyness''' makes it look right.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
If you're wearing a tie, just watch out that you don't get that belly warmer look where the tip of your tie is acres away from the top of your waist band. A shorter vintage tie and lower rise pants can be a recipe for the too-short-tie look, if you're not careful.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Snipe,

I do keep an eye out for that, but its a good thing to mention. There's only one tie in my collection I have to worry about that with thankfully, and it's on the warnging section fo the tie rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff