Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Leather For sale and would love any information- thx!

americaneon

New in Town
Hello,
I'm the newbie here, so forgive me if I step in it. I would've posted pics here first but just read the rules so pardon me, it's on eBay (times are tough). Here is my listing, and I'm wondering what you guys think of this jacket! (Don't be cruel) I have a few nice leathers and have really liked this one, but, not sure what it is.
I've had it for about 20 years and need to sell in order to pay bills.:(
I'm trying to get the file size down in order to upload the photos. Thanks in advance!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-Tobacc...r-pre-Moto-Motorcycle-Jacket-RRL/273629845907

americaneon

New in Town
It looks similar to WWII and post-war German leather trench coats and kriegsmarine jackets that I've seen.
I will look them up can you tell me why you think so? I’ve had early 30’s and 20’s jackets that have similar details but the only thing that made me think differently was the double buckle although that has been used as well. Plus those had the German hardware zippers etc. Any details would be appreciated thank you.

americaneon

New in Town
I will look them up can you tell me why you think so? I’ve had early 30’s and 20’s jackets that have similar details but the only thing that made me think differently was the double buckle although that has been used as well. Plus those had the German hardware zippers etc. Any details would be appreciated thank you.
Also. Those were quite longer unless they were the short styles, but again your suggestions are very much appreciated! Kind Regards Samantha

Guppy

I'll Lock Up

I'm not an expert by any means, but I have a few vintage leather jackets of German make, one trench coat, and one more like a pea coat, and they are very similar in design, pattern, and details. My leather trench is almost certainly post-war, probably early 60s but could be 50's and it looks a lot like a full length version of the jacket in your ebay listing.

robrinay

One Too Many
A simple method to reduce the file size of a pic is to email it to yourself choosing ‘medium’ file size when asked and then save the pic from your email. The saved pic should be small enough to upload on this site. Ps nice jacket.

americaneon

New in Town
I'm not an expert by any means, but I have a few vintage leather jackets of German make, one trench coat, and one more like a pea coat, and they are very similar in design, pattern, and details. My leather trench is almost certainly post-war, probably early 60s but could be 50's and it looks a lot like a full length version of the jacket in your ebay listing.
A simple method to reduce the file size of a pic is to email it to yourself choosing ‘medium’ file size when asked and then save the pic from your email. The saved pic should be small enough to upload on this site. Ps nice jacket.
Thx I’ll try that

americaneon

New in Town
Thanks! Yes, I think it is too- I’ve had many go through over the years and I really like it the cut style and the leather quality and feel.

americaneon

New in Town
I did consider that but it has a lot more American attributes the German jackets are more utilitarian and the leather is much heavier plus the hardware is usually always German. Their buttons are different as well and their lapels are not so rounded and big it’s like a Hollywood cut. Plus the lining is a rayon stripe like the ones used in the 30’s. Usually the German is solid or wool material. But! I could be wrong that’s why I’m throwing it out here. : )

americaneon

New in Town
Also it reminds me of the transitional jackets of that era and there were many makers that came and went. I’m leaning towards an obscure maker. I just can’t find enough military markings on it and usually those are there.

Gamma68

One Too Many
Interesting jacket. I don't know if German makers used YKK zippers like the main zip on this jacket. Are there any brand marks on the back of the belt buckles?

americaneon

New in Town
Interesting jacket. I don't know if German makers used YKK zippers like the main zip on this jacket. Are there any brand marks on the back of the belt buckles?
No I don’t think they did. There are no marks on the back just brown paint loss and rust they are old. I looked to see if it was replaced but if it was it’s a really good job lining is intact same threads, etc. just not sure. This is when selling online is hard you just go with it, hopefully someone just likes it - I’m that way, I mean sure a name is great but if I see the same quality and unusual cut I like I’d rather have that than what everyone else has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic