Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Lewis Leathers Star Lightning jacket size 40 to 42 for sale

Corsair42

One of the Regulars
Hi,

No pics yet but will follow in a later post. I'm about to list a black lewis leathers star lightning jacket in a 40 to 42 chest on eBay but happy to take enquiries and offers here first. Measurements are roughly 21 inches pit to pit chest, 24 inches base of collar to hem at rear, 26 inch sleeves. All zips work, scarlet lining has the odd small tear but is intact, sleeve lining is intact and undamaged, jacket is very worn in and around 40 years old. The hide is very soft with wear and has a few years of riding left in it. It's black but has various areas where the leathers top coat has faded and scuffed to the undyed layer underneath particularly the shoulders. It is odour free and has been in storage for a significant chunk of the last 30 years. It's fairly slim fitting at the waist and would suit someone of slim build with an average height. This is the original star lightning with the oval lewis logo on the chest and is from the golden era before lewis quality dipped in the 80s prior to its more recent revival.

It's in the UK and I can probably deliver it to most locations in the United Kingdom. It's a beautiful jacket and will make a great vintage summer riding jacket. Not looking for a great deal as it's a little short for me otherwise I would keep it. Get in touch via PM if you are interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24