Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Lust

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
An Art Deco or Art Nouveau bedroom set.

adfb68h_sm.jpg

adfb68s_sm.jpg

$11,500 for the set above :eusa_doh: . Not to mention the shipping of it all...

A classic car would be wonderful.

Oh, can't forget all those wardrobe items that could easily reach the price of the bedroom set lol .

Edward

Bartender
The biggest thing..... probably a vintage-era home.... Casa Marlowe, as currently exists is an ex-local authority property within a post-war block completed in 1952 (and still containing many of the original residents, who always love the hats etc when they see me). I'm slowly making over the interior to resemble something approaching a 30s/40s inspired home, but it'll never be fully period. Money no object, I'd adore to have a large, period property that I could redo in full on 30s or 40s style. I'd also love to have an apartment in Florin Court on Charterhouse Square, here in London - that building was the location (at least, for the exterior shots) of Poirot's London flat in the TV series. I adore the interior shots of the flat in that show - I'd love to have a place like that.

A vintage car or two would be nice, though definitely an extravegance living in central London with the 24 hour public transport. I could be tempted by a two-seater Morgan 4+4, a Ford V8 Pilot, maybe a Mk 1 or Mk 2 Ford Zephyr or Zodiac. I also would love one of those big 1950 US Fords(?) that Crybaby and Cobra drove.

Otherwise, it's mostly clothes that I would like.... well, those and maybe a vintage-oriented young lady on my arm, but that really does seem to be wishful thinking. lol

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I someday may redo the ancestral home to original 1937 standards. I'd have to get used to an orange/silver kitchen and faux knotty pine Sheetrock living room. (Can you still get faux knotty pine Sheetrock? In 1937 it came pre-papered.) I'd also need to build new, solid oak doors with leaded window lights, a bunch of one-of-a-kind sheet copper light fixtures, and rip out $7000 worth of wall-to-wall carpeting and a phoney-baloney gas fireplace, both of which my family (and the cat) are deeply attached to.

But first - that RCA console.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred