Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Man Caves

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Ultimate Vintage Man Cave

Well, good news and bad news. My city is talking about selling the ultimate Man Cave, Fire Station No.1. Whats the bad news you ask? The asking price is going to be 2.2 million dollars! Sadly it will probably go to a syndicat made up of Cretans who will make it into office space. Should be a law, fire stations can only go to true Motor Heads!
92979255-colorado-springs.jpg

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
BobsgarageA.jpg
hurricane19.jpg

My husband's man cave that he built totally by himself (with the exception of the foundation pouring and roof shingles). It's about better than our
house!!

dhermann1 - could you please email me via my profile page in reference to the Dithridge sister's. I have not figured out how to contact you other than a
forum posting, or if someone knows how to contact a member please educate me. -Janet

That thing looks sweet; can we see some interior shots?

My little dream is to create a similar building, perhaps a bit smaller, in a Victorian architectural style, as my "man cave" study.

gigagirl

New in Town
Yes, I'll post some interior shots as soon as I get my computer at home up and running. Lightening took out our router and probably cable modem on Saturday during those mid-atlantic storms.

I should re-classify this 'man cave' to a 'man cave system'. It has 4 floors - walkout 1/2 basement in the back, full 1st and 2nd floor and an attic w/pulldown steps. Needless to say I don't see much of my husband anymore, but I always know where to find him!!!

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Yes, I'll post some interior shots as soon as I get my computer at home up and running. Lightening took out our router and probably cable modem on Saturday during those mid-atlantic storms.

I should re-classify this 'man cave' to a 'man cave system'. It has 4 floors - walkout 1/2 basement in the back, full 1st and 2nd floor and an attic w/pulldown steps. Needless to say I don't see much of my husband anymore, but I always know where to find him!!!

1675918-keanu_reeves_whoa_super.jpg

D

Deleted member 16736

George Bernard Shaw, author of the English literature's greatest play, "Pygmalion," also had a writing hut, but his could pivot and as the sun moved across the sky, he would turn the hut and he always had light through the window.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
George Bernard Shaw, author of the English literature's greatest play, "Pygmalion," also had a writing hut, but his could pivot and as the sun moved across the sky, he would turn the hut and he always had light through the window.

Pygmalion is English literature's greatest plays.... surely no scholar would argue that. It's fun, but....

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Now this is my idea of a Man Cave! [video=youtube;2KnbDk8uqKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KnbDk8uqKw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

p51

One Too Many
I really wouldn't want a room that looks lik Kipling's smoking lounge. That said, when my wife wanted us to have a house built a few years ago, one of my demands was to have one of the bedrooms for my military/railroad/space collection. It's been a point of contention ever since, every time she demands I start using it for general household storage and I utterly refuse to do so. If you never went into that room, you'd never know anyone with an interest in the 40s lived there.
I have no really good photo of it. I need to break out the tripod and do a good series of shots. This was compiled several years ago, I think when the house was about 2-3 years old.
room.jpg

Since then, I have gotten much better book cases (with a nice collection of WW2-era headwear is on tope) and the dressers (where I store most of my collection) have a museum-quality display of my WW2 war correspondent stuff on top of it. Most of the videos are gone and more books are in the one shelf now. I'm currently planning to move all the shorter furniture to one side of the room so I can build a small model railroad (On30 scale) to one side of the room...

p51

One Too Many
Even one room is a victory for all men!
It's a victory that must be fought for constantly. Hardly a week goes by when something needs to 'find a home' (my wife's favorite phrase) and she immediately proclaims that said item will forever be housed in 'the toy room' (my phrase for the room). Sometimes, said item will go there, then immediately will be moved elsewhere in the house. We have a large storage building on the property and a lot of that stuff winds up there, because any normal item that would be housed in the toy room really wouldn't be needed very often. Other times, I fight it openly. This was the only demand I made when she griped about how we needed to buy a house (that and refusing to live in any flood plain, place where the Mt Rainier would fill an area with ash if it ever blows, and anywhere where there's well water, having grown up on well water in the South and not having water when the power went out) and, by God, I've stuck with it.
I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
It comes back from time to time as well. I'm often reminded that my wife doesn't have "a room of my own" like I do. I have to remind her that the whole house is configured as she wanted and decorated in a way I never would have done on my own. Naturally, she doesn't see it that way at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy