Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage or vintage related Christmas gifts

wowandflutter

New in Town
Miss 1940's said:
l_a7529335ed8e2fcd3bf69b8ae9cf7bdb.jpg

l_eeedda158368f2b30c9390b5dc0c7ceb.jpg
My mother Bought these Vintage outfits for me! at out favorite local Vintage Store called Razzle Dazzle!

miss 1940s ! i tried on that pink suit/dress at razzle dazzle... it was a bit big for me. i'm so glad that someone deserving of its charm got it !!!
i hope you enjoy wearing it, it's quite a nice little number.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I especially love the first dress! Very beautiful!

I got a few nice gifts this year as well.
My mom gave me an adorable set of early 40's pajamas in a pink with contrast blue piping and buttons, a vintage sugar dish from the 20's or 30's with delicate pink roses on it, and some great fashion books.
My grandma and aunt gave a few books and dvds, including Ball of Fire.
But I think my absolute favorite are the bunches of family heirlooms that Matt gave me of his great grandmothers- lots of linens and gloves and a gorgeous embroidered scarf which will go in my hope chest.

I gave a few vintage style gifts and made some more. My mom got a vintage 20's illustrated children's book of nursery rhymes. I gave my dad a book and traditional French milled soaps, and Matt got a set for tea of the original teas made by the same company who made them for the French Line cruise ships in the 1930's, and a handmade quilt to put in his 39 Plymouth for excursions (but I don't think he's going to let it leave his room ;) )

Fleur de vanité

New in Town
Sadly, I didn't get one stitch of vintage items...I didn't ask for any either,because I knew no one would have the slightest idea where to buy them or what I wanted. I would rather purchase them on my own. I received plenty of other great Christmas items.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Miss 1940's said:
Oh lauren darling sounds wonderful!!!!! and thanks for the comment on the dress...oh by the way Ball of fire is a great film.....and your twin stars in it! Barbara? I think?lol

Thank you! And yes, I love Barbara! She's wonderful. Her and Katharine Hepburn and Ginger Rogers are my favorites :)

And thank you so much for the lovely cards! I am so sorry it took me so long to get back to you on them, it was such a sweet gesture and was really appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24