Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Outerwear; Leather, Wool-all sizes.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Pre-war JC Penney wool, sunrise zipper dated 1940. No issues, missing the original belt.

Size 38? see album for measurements.

$450 shipped in CONUS

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oCUhAgFHmWJLs2dk6

1700091161084.png
1700091179581.png

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Windward Classic. I have not seen an original since I bought this one several years ago. This jacket is from the mid 40s. It has a new quilted lining that is beautiful and warm This is not a light weight jacket. It has thickness and bulk. These were made my Roughwear Clothing Co.

The gathered sides give this jacket a perfect fit.

I will do more pics tomorrow and place them in the album

$1100 shipped in CONUS

1700094159994.png

This video has the measurements in it

Try on

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Windward by Roughwear Clothing Co. Two way pocket patented label. This jacket is a 46 labeled and fits as such. I've owned a 42 for many years and has always been a favorite. This is the same jacket as @Marc mndt owns and has recently shown.

This is a 40s Cossack style. When it fits it is perfect!

Measurements in the album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LDAGG2qY2ULUuJqLA

$750 shipped in Conus

1700094854857.png
1700094872268.png
1700094919709.png
1700094946189.png

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Buco PJ 27. 8 pounds of horsehide leather in a larger size 46+? Needs some stitching. watch video for more details. all measurements in the album.

I love the fit of these. I've had several others. The best deal.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ub9sjJiJibQovbA17

$450 shipped in CONUS

View attachment 560998 View attachment 560999

I don't think the label belongs to the jacket. Note the double topstitch on the epaulets and pocket flap, you won't see that on Buco's. Also note the placement of the snaps on the pockets flap, on buco's they're placed near the edge of the flap. I'm not sure buco pj-27s had two handwarmer pockets.

The jacket looks a lot like this British Cycle Leathers.

IMG_1086.jpeg
IMG_1088.jpeg
IMG_1089.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Looks like it except for the leather. mine has much nicer leather and weighs 8 pounds. Much better than a British Cycle. I've never seen a British Cycle leather of this quality.

Forget about the Buco connection and look at the jacket. 8 pounds what I believe is Horsehide, in a larger size for $450! It isn't priced as a Buco.

What is a British Cycle go for? $300? and you get a jacket with low grade leather. Compare the pictures. Which would you rather have:?

I don't think the label belongs to the jacket. Note the double topstitch on the epaulets and pocket flap, you won't see that on Buco's. Also note the placement of the snaps on the pockets flap, on buco's they're placed near the edge of the flap. I'm not sure buco pj-27s had two handwarmer pockets.

The jacket looks a lot like this British Cycle Leathers.

View attachment 561074 View attachment 561075 View attachment 561076

Looks like it except for the leather. mine has much nicer leather and weighs 8 pounds. Much better than a British Cycle. I've never seen a British Cycle leather of this quality.

Forget about the Buco connection and look at the jacket. 8 pounds what I believe is Horsehide, in a larger size for $450! It isn't priced as a Buco.

What is a British Cycle go for? $300? and you get a jacket with low grade leather. Compare the pictures. Which would you rather have:?
I think Marc is right. Brimaco (BCL) actually made some great jackets and they were selling for $400 and up around 2010. Carrie at TB can confirm this. I’ve had dozens and you’re right the hide quality can vary quite a bit. That said I had a blue CR that would stand up like a CXL jacket and was as thick as any Vanson.

The Buco label may as well be torn out. The sleeves look to be two panel (also like Brimaco) and the liner is almost certainly Brimaco. Also the double stitching around the epaulettes:
IMG_4678.jpeg

Not saying this to have ill effect on the price but more to defend the quality of Brimaco, which can be quite good indeed.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I think Marc is right. Brimaco (BCL) actually made some great jackets and they were selling for $400 and up around 2010. Carrie at TB can confirm this. I’ve had dozens and you’re right the hide quality can vary quite a bit. That said I had a blue CR that would stand up like a CXL jacket and was as thick as any Vanson.

The Buco label may as well be torn out. The sleeves look to be two panel (also like Brimaco) and the liner is almost certainly Brimaco. Also the double stitching around the epaulettes:
View attachment 561210
Not saying this to have ill effect on the price but more to defend the quality of Brimaco, which can be quite good indeed.
My apologies to you and @Marc mndt and my thanks in naming this jacket. I've learned.

I have jackets that will interest each of, one wool and one Winward. I will be in touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails