Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pan Am flight bag

HanauMan

Practically Family
For my first post here on the forum I would like to show you my vintage flight bag. It isn't exactly from the golden Age but rather from the late 1960s. It comes from a time when flying by air was still an adventure and before air travelling became the mass market it is today.

View media item 1415
View media item 1416
View media item 1417
I bought this bag to hold my DSLR when out and about street shooting. I liked its retro feel and it takes me back to when my father was stationed in Germany and every flight home my parents would get a Pan Am or TWA flight bag which was, in turn, handed down to my brother and I to keep our stuff in.

In the end, I didn't use it for my photography (the strap is too flimsy and short) but have instead teamed it up with my childhood Pan Am things I still have, making a little collection.

View media item 1418

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice!! I had one but flogged it about 10 years back because it was mint & I was scared to use it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland