Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pattern WANTED list

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Going back to the beginning of this thread I am always dying to find sailor styles and bathing suits as well!

I bought this one only to find that a bunch of the pieces are missing :( I have never found it again.
18.jpg

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
By the way, does anyone know of a website that acts as a junction for missing pattern pieces? I always find extra/mismatched pieces and feel bad throwing them away when I'm sure someone else might be looking for them. I have some I would like to look for as well.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Anyone know where to find a good leisure bra pattern?

I chucked a lot of my older bras and now i need to replace them in the 'casual at home bra' status.

Vintage or no, its fine. Ive scoured eBay, noting worth looking at. If someone has one, would you be willing to make a trade/copy?

Thanks,
LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Anyone know where to find a good leisure bra pattern?

I chucked a lot of my older bras and now i need to replace them in the 'casual at home bra' status.

Vintage or no, its fine. Ive scoured eBay, noting worth looking at. If someone has one, would you be willing to make a trade/copy?

Thanks,
LD
These patterns say sports bra, but I have made the front closing one out of tricot for a leisure bra.
http://www.bramakerssupply.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=153&cat=Sports+Bra+Patterns

Shirin

A-List Customer
I lost this on ebay a week ago, and I would LOVE to find it in vintage size 16-20 ( I can redraft so size isn't a huge issue).

It is Simplicity #8472 Princess coat
simplicity8472.jpg
[/IMG]

SayCici

Practically Family
Shirin said:
I lost this on ebay a week ago, and I would LOVE to find it in vintage size 16-20 ( I can redraft so size isn't a huge issue).

It is Simplicity #8472 Princess coat
simplicity8472.jpg
[/IMG]
This looks sort of similar:

SayCici

Practically Family
Shirin said:
Thanks CiCi, That's nice, too bad it doesn't have the inverted pleats though. Where did you see that pattern?
Ooh, I didn't notice that! I found it on Etsy, if you click on the picture it'll take you to the shop!

cailinbeag

Familiar Face
miss_smith said:
By the way, does anyone know of a website that acts as a junction for missing pattern pieces? I always find extra/mismatched pieces and feel bad throwing them away when I'm sure someone else might be looking for them. I have some I would like to look for as well.

Try www.patternrescue.com. In a nutshell, if you have patterns, pattern pieces or even old tissue, send it their way and they'll give you points. They have a selection of patterns that go up for recycle (free) or trade (points) that you can choose from. Not all vintage, but sometimes you can find a real gem. It all works on the honor system. Request a pattern. They send it to you if it's still available. If you reimburse them for shipping, you can go again. If you don't, you can't. They will also give you points for donations. I think it's $1 = 1 point, but I'm not sure.

But the real beauty of the site is the section for people searching for missing pieces, instructions, envelopes or even whole patterns. Members keep an eye out and if they've spotted the pattern you seek in their searches, they'll let you know. Also, if someone is able to copy a piece you're missing, or if it's in the bits and pieces the site owners have, they will send it to you. The site owners act as a liason so you're not giving out your address to every Tom, Dick and Harry. And again, all you have to do is reimburse for shipping. Of course, donations of cash or patterns are always greatly appreciated.

I've used them twice for missing pieces and they are LOVELY people. It's really an excellent organization.

SayCici

Practically Family
Hollywood494.jpg

I've seen about three Hollywood Lucille Ball patterns now, I want them all :( I love her so much.

And if there's a Hollywood pattern for Rosalind Russell or Norma Shearer, I want those too. :p

Shirin

A-List Customer
I'm hoping somebody has a copy of Butterick 4093 they'd be willing to swap for anything in my swap stash? Size 12-16 or 18-22 it doesn't matter.
df_1_sbl.JPG

AND/OR
Butterick 6410
bu6410v_LRG.jpg

zendy

A-List Customer
Hollywood

I'm sure it's out of my price range, but I love Bette Davis and this dress.
381px-H1352.jpg

Any leads?

Miss October

New in Town
I'm looking for Sarong patterns

Hi, I'm new to the list, hoping someone can help me find Simplicity 1168
McCall's 5691, Butterick 9629, or any others...

I'm a 36" bust, but can alter.

I have Advance 8647 in that size, have traced off & am happy to swap.

Thanks a bunch.

Elaina

One Too Many
ShoreRoadLady said:
Edited. Poor reviews of the repro pattern are making me not look for it anymore. But if you have a *vintage* copy of this pattern, I'm still interested. :)

retrobt6329.jpg

This isn't actually a bad pattern, but like all the reproductions, there is a bit more ease then the vintage counterparts. Most of the people that I've talked to that made it (myself included) is it's ridiculously detailed where it didn't need it, and not enough info where it does. My own recollections are also based off of nearly a decade ago, but I made this as a wedding suit to my second marriage, and it did need a muslin for it. I don't recall any major issues with it, other then I had to add a bust dart for fit, once I did get the general fitting issues ironed out.

It's certainly not an open and go, and you do need to have a bit of experience with sewing to make it successfully however. I made this with minimal help back before I was sewing regulalrly, and at the time was not even sewing much at all, and I still made it successfully.

For many years, the skirt to this was my TNT, and I've made the skirt within the last year based off of an old skirt I had from it, since I no longer have the pattern.

Foofoogal

Banned
Try www.patternrescue.com. In a nutshell, if you have patterns, pattern pieces or even old tissue, send it their way and they'll give you points. They have a selection of patterns that go up for recycle (free) or trade (points) that you can choose from. Not all vintage, but sometimes you can find a real gem. It all works on the honor system. Request a pattern. They send it to you if it's still available. If you reimburse them for shipping, you can go again. If you don't, you can't. They will also give you points for donations. I think it's $1 = 1 point, but I'm not sure.

I am so happy to find this. I always love to here of places that is preserving the past. I have a few vintage pieces and also didn't want to throw away. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails