Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pics in your vintage threads!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Out to the Opera, in front the classic Hawaii Theatre!
409113279.jpg

Big Man my granddad dressed like that for church every Sunday. The only times I saw him in a proper suit were funerals and weddings, and that's only if whoever was getting buried or married was particularly close. Thanks for bringing that back to the front of my mind.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Big Man my granddad dressed like that for church every Sunday. The only times I saw him in a proper suit were funerals and weddings, and that's only if whoever was getting buried or married was particularly close. Thanks for bringing that back to the front of my mind.

Growing up, I saw a lot of men dress that way on Sunday, or really whenever they went to town. I remember Mr. J.J. Parks who lived across the road from my Grandmother always had on bib overalls, an old white shirt (always buttoned at the neck) and an old black suit coat. He was dressed this way even on the hottest summer day.

Tommy

One of the Regulars
wasn't sure/couldn't find a thread on "yourself in artwork", this is a painting done by an artist commissioned to paint a series for auction for a country club. We were unaware of that, and it turned out at the one event we attended, we ended up being the subject of the painting. I am the one wearing the boater hat.

dinnerpartysummer2014.png

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Cap is a British CC 41 item trousers 1949 British, waistcoat was my great great grandfather's c 1930, shirt is an M&S grandad shirt but classic and timeless in style I converted it to take separate collars, cravat is a 60,s rayon unbranded job and boots are William Lennon's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner